Man held with pistol at Metro station
A man was arrested on Saturday at Noida City Centre Metro station after a home-made pistol was found in his wife's handbag. The couple was going to Delhi.
The accused has been identified as Sanjay Bhardwaj. Security officials at the Metro station found the pistol in the bag carried by Rashmi, Sanjay's wife, during luggage scanning.
“Both were going to Chandni Chowk in Delhi. As the woman pleaded innocence, she was let off. Her husband was booked and put behind the bars,” said GK Jayant, SHO, Sector 24 police station.
He was being put to further detailed interrogation to see whether he had planned some crime.
“It is also being investigated if he had any accomplices,” said Jayant. A day before, a man was arrested from the same station for walking on the Metro track. He was identified as Vicky Mahato, a resident of Delhi.
He told police that he was to alight at Botanical Garden but reached Golf Course station which one station ahead. He was let off after few hours.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- As part of their investigation, police have till date arrested 1,753 persons, which includes 820 Hindus and 933 Muslims.
- The accused man, 30-year-old Sujeet Kumar, remains hospitalised and the police are waiting for him to recover before they pursue “suitable action” against him.
- A bench of justice Vipin Sanghi and justice Rekha Palli also asked the members of the striking union to not put under siege the municipal corporation or throw garbage on the streets.
- Manish Sisodia also interacted with students enrolled in the course to know their experiences.
- Jai Prakash, north Delhi mayor, said that all efforts of the municipal agencies this winter were focused to control local pollution sources.
- No Delhi police officer commented on the incident on record, but senior police officers aware of the development said on condition of anonymity that the two men who were on the target, are lodged in Tihar for their role in the northeast Delhi violence.
- Like several other curious onlookers, the boy too was watching the earthmover in action when the mishap took place, the police said.
- Considering the possibility of quitting this occupation, he observes that “one of the good things of being an auto driver is that all your income is made in hard cash.
- The last, which has a weight of almost one-third in the rankings, is a completely subjective parameter.
- The Bihari Puraskar is one of the three literary awards instituted by the KK Birla Foundation in 1991.
- It also asked the Centre why it was donating or selling Covid-19 vaccines to foreign countries at a time when the drive to inoculate Indian citizens was not optimised.