Pay your water bill through Delhi Jal Board app now
Delhiites can now pay their water bills and check their water consumption through a mobile phone app courtesy the Delhi Jal Board’s ‘m-Seva’ app that was launched on Friday by chief minister Arvind Kejriwal.
M-Seva will supplement the existing water board’s DJB app to become a ‘one-tap’ stop for online payments, instant bill generation, viewing previous bills as well one’s consumption graph.
“The app should end the need to stand in queues at cash collection centres and revenue offices for paying water bills,” DJB CEO Kesav Chandra told Hindustan Times, stating it would directly benefit the 21 lakh water connections in the city.
In contrast to the DJB app, Chandra added that the key function of m-Sewa is bill generation. “You have to take a photograph of your water meter, feed in the current reading and automatically the bill will be generated,” Chandra said.
The existing app was launched in 2014 to help people to register complaints related to dirty water, leakage, sewer overflow, missing manhole covers.
Both apps are available on Google’s Play store.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The CPCB report released on Sunday said that there are over 112 sites in India that are contaminated by toxic and hazardous substances.
- An infection is said to be endemic in a population when it is constantly maintained at a baseline level in a geographic area.
- The BJP dismissed the allegations as “baseless” and hit back, saying that the AAP should answer why the construction of the Signature bridge in north-east Delhi faced delays.
- Appropriate allocation of funds in this regard will be made in the upcoming Delhi budget that is likely to be presented this week, he added .
- In February that year, just before Holi, he went back to the Sadar Bazar trader with the water gun he had produced and also the Chinese one.
- Experts said such initiatives will ensure that the only continuous green space in the national capital is preserved.
- A host of functions to honour women have also been scheduled at different police stations and DCP offices.
- Adesh Gupta has also started ‘mandal pravas’ (stay in each municipal wards) to connect with the party workers and supporters.
- As part of the revamp, new CCTV cameras, with better technology for improved clarity, additional escalators, bird spikes to prevent tripping of the overhead electrification (OHE) due to bird menace, were also installed.
- The Panth Ratan Baba Harban Singh Ji Dialysis block in Bala Sahib hospital complex started treating patients from Sunday.
- Whatever, the two ascetics are buried next to each other, separated by a neem tree. For that reason, many consider the landmark as a twin shrine.