Confident that teachings of Vivekananda will be followed by JNU students: VC Jagadesh Kumar
Ahead of unveiling of Swami Vivekananda’s statue at the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), its Vice-Chancellor Jagadesh Kumar on Thursday expressed confidence that teachings of the spiritual leader will be followed by the students.
“We’re very happy that Swami Vivekananda’s statue will be inaugurated today by our Prime Minister and I’m very confident that teachings of Swami Ji will be followed by JNU and the University will remain an active partner in transforming our country into Atmanirbhar Bharat,” said Kumar.
Earlier today ahead of the event where the Prime Minister is scheduled to unveil a statue of Swami Vivekananda at the JNU campus, the Jawaharlal Nehru University Students’ Union (JNUSU) wrote an open letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, asking why the Centre recommended the appointment of JNU Vice-Chancellor M Jagadesh Kumar, accusing him of leaving no stone unturned in “destroying” the University.
A statement released by the University earlier read that Prime Minister Modi will through video conferencing unveil the life-size statue of Swami Vivekananda installed on the University campus on November 12, at 6:30 pm.
The unveiling of the statue will be preceded by a programme on Swami Vivekananda from 5:30 pm onwards.
“Swami Vivekananda is one of the most beloved intellectuals and spiritual leaders India has been fortunate to produce. He enthused the youth with his message of freedom, development, harmony, and peace in India. He inspired citizens to take pride in Indian civilisation, culture, and its industrious spirit,” the JNU Vice-Chancellor said in a statement.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- ICAI CA May exam 2021: Candidates can check the ICAI CA May examination schedule for the Foundation course online at icai.org.
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has invited online applications for lateral recruitment of Joint Secretary and Director level officers (Group ‘A’) in different ministries/departments with headquarters at New Delhi.
- TNUSRB constable marks 2020: Candidates who have not cleared the TNUSRB constable recruitment examination can check their marks online at tnusrbonline.org.
- The Indian Institute of Technology Jammu on Friday entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Army's Northern Command providing innovative solutions through exhaustive research and development in Jammu and Kashmir, an official said.
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Friday released a revised date sheet for Class 10 and Class 12 board exams 2021.
- Delhi Subordinate Staff Selection Board on Thursday released an advertisement to fill more than 1800 vacancies under various departments under the Govt of NCT of Delhi.
- Anna University has released the TANCET 2021 hall ticket/admit card on Friday March 5, 2021.
- The National Testing Agency has released the answer key of All India Sainik Schools Entrance Examination (AISSEE) 2021