FTII introduces new courses in film criticism, review of art, to begin from May 28, all details here
For the first time, the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) in Pune has introduced a course in film criticism and review of art.
The 20-day course would be conducted from May 28 to June 19, 2019 in Delhi in association with the Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC), an official release said.
Talking about the course, Bhupendra Kainthola, Director, FTII, said it meets a long-standing demand of cinema critics, film reviewers, film bloggers, research scholars, film academics, and just about anyone who has more than ordinary interest in cinema.
He said one needs to know how to “read” a film in order to review it, the tools for which will be provided through this course.
The course would be helmed by Bhopal-based filmmaker Rajula Shah, an FTII alumnus.
Talking about the course, Shah said it has been designed to provide a basic grounding in the discipline of film criticism and to train the participants into becoming a serious viewers of cinema.
She said the course includes the study of significant films in the history of cinema through the prism of critical thinking.
The course is being conducted under FTII’s countrywide film education outreach initiative SKIFT (Skilling India in Film and Television) under which over 135 short-term courses have been held in 37 cities across the country covering over 5,800 learners.
The course is open to all, with no age bar, and the last date for applying is April 22, 2019.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist interview schedule 2020: Candidates who have cleared the main examination can check the UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist interview schedule online at upsc.gov.in.
- RBI JE admit card 2021: Candidates who have registered for the RBI JE recruitment examination 2021 can download their admit card online at opportunities.rbi.org.in.
- FCI Recruitment 2021: After the application process begins, interested and eligible candidates will be able to apply for the positions online at fci.gov.in on or before March 31, 2021, until 4 pm.
- RBI Assistant Manager Recruitment 2021: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions online at rbi.org.in on or before March 10, 2021, until 6 pm.
- The first stage of UPSC civil services exam, prelims, is objective in nature, the second stage mains is a written examination and the third stage interview is a verbal evaluation process.
- JAM answer key 2021: Candidates who have appeared in the JAM 2021 examination can check the answer key online at jam.iisc.ac.in.