Hindu college alumni to provide grants to needy meritorious students
The Old Students Association (OSA) of Hindu College will provide annual study grant to needy meritorious students, alumni members said.
The move comes against the backdrop of financial hardships being faced by students due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“The pandemic has created major problems for students from economically weaker sections and they are facing a huge challenge in paying their college fee,” president, OSA, Ravi Burman said.
“The association has decided to help such students, whose family annual income is below Rs 5 lakh, with a one-time study grant to cover their annual college fees up to Rs 20,000,” he said.
The students who would like to apply for this assistance can submit their application along with family income certificate to the college’s accounts department.
“We also appeal to distinguished alumni of the college that we seek your support in this endeavour of ours to provide much needed relief to needy students in this hour,” Burman said.
Several colleges are setting up funds to support students during the pandemic, especially after a student of LSR College died by suicide allegedly over financial constraints in continuing her education.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- According to the notification, candidates appearing for the ICAI CA January 2021 examinations at Central Public School, Jaldhari Chowk, Madhubani, Bihar, will now have to appear for the examinations at Central Public School at Gandhi Chowk, Madhubani.
- Candidates who have registered for the NIFT entrance exam 2021 can make corrections in their application forms online at nift.ac.in on or before January 28, 2021.
- Candidates can download the Assam Police SI PET/PST Admit Card from the official website of State Level Police Recruitment Board (SLPRB), Assam.
- Candidates who have appeared in the preliminary examination can check the UP Legislative Answer Key online at uplegisassemblyrecruitment.in.
- UP Board students reporting at their examination centres for practical exams to be held between February 3 and 22 will witness unprecedented steps aimed at keeping them safe from the pandemic.
- Education and training systems have experienced unprecedented disruptions due to Covid-19 with an estimated 1.7 billion students affected by school closures worldwide.
- Candidates who have appeared in the BPSC AE Exam 2021 can check their results online at bpsc.bih.nic.in.
- He went on to say that the state's law and order situation has improved considerably resulting in increased investments, exploring the limitless possibilities of the state.
- After the results are announced, candidates who have applied for admission will be able to check the AP EAMCET second phase allotment result 2020 online at apeamcet.nic.in.