IIT Roorkee, BEL introduce security surveillance system
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee and Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) collaborated to introduce security surveillance system — a system of various cameras/videos installed in a building to record movement of a person on the map along with time, in the DefExpo 2020 being held here from February 5-9.
The system will detect any abnormal human behaviour and identify the visitors’ faces using artificial intelligence (AI). Its USP is that even when a person is not in the camera’s view, his movement on the premises will be continuously tracked through Internet Protocol (IP) camera and if he enters into a restricted zone or a high-security area, red zone movement alert will show on the device.
The wireless security tracking can be used in public as well as private establishments for prevention of crime, check violation of privacy and protection of a process etc. The app will include features like location tracking for security purposes, military intelligence used for border-patrol and suspicious activity detection.
Director, IIT Roorkee Ajit K Chaturvedi said, “We are delighted to collaborate with BEL to introduce the security surveillance system.”
Prof Kamal Jain, department of civil engineering, IIT Roorkee said, “We are getting a great response from different defence sectors and other agencies partnering BEL.”
Various defence manufacturing companies from across India and abroad will showcase their products and services on a single platform. The main theme of this year’s event is ‘India:The Emerging Defence Manufacturing Hub’ and the focus will be on ‘Digital Transformation of Defence’.
Prof Jain said, “The value of our recent research has enabled our experts to demonstrate their in-depth understanding of the efficient security surveillance infrastructure. The collaboration with BEL will streamline the operations, improving business efficiency and cutting costs.”
How does the system work?
“Through IP camera we are able to track movement of a person and send it to the database. His movement pattern helps the security system to identify abnormal behaviour and acknowledge the red zone movement alerts,” Prof Jain said.
This surveillance system was a great addition for all high security areas such as the defence sector and specific power authorities in private and public domain like airports etc, he said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- SSC JE 2019 Paper I Result: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is likely to declare the results of SSC JE 2019 Paper I examination on Friday, February 26.
- UPJEE 2021: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the UPJEE (Polytechnic) 2021 examination online at jeecup.nic.in.
- SSC CAPF, SI, ASI result 2020: Once the results are announced, Candidates who have appeared in the SSC SI Paper I 2020 will be able to check their results online at ssc.nic.in.
- The Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) 2021 results were announce on Friday by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The examination was held on January 31.
- CBSE CTET Result 2021: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Friday, February 26, declared the result for the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) on its official website.
- CTET results 2021: Candidates who have appeared in the CTET 2021 examination can check their results online at ctet.nic.in.
- BSSC Mains Inter Level result 2014: Candidates who have appeared in the main examination can check their results online at bssc.bih.nic.in.
- RBSE 10th, 12th board examination schedule 2021: Students registered to appear in the RBSE board examination 2021 can check the schedule online at rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in.
- According to the board, of the total 75,132 students who appeared in the board exams, 76.09 percent of girls passed while 74.04 percent of boys also passed the examinations.
- JKBOSE 10th Kashmir division annual result: Students who have appeared in the JKBOSE class 10 annual examination 2020 can check their results online at jkbose.ac.in.
- Candidates who have appeared in the JKBOSE class 10 annual examination 2020 can check their results online at jkbose.ac.in.