IIT Roorkee placement drive attracts top companies; 395 offers on the table
The Indian Institute of Technology at Roorkee (IIT Roorkee) has been able to attract 35 companies to hire its students despite the onslaught of Covid-19.
According to the institute, top companies like the American Express, Applied Materials, Cisco Systems India Private Ltd, Citrix R&D India Pvt. Ltd, DBOI Global Services Pvt. Ltd, Dream11, Enphase Energy, Jaguar Land Rover India, JioSaavn Media Ltd and JP Morgan were among the corporate giants that flocked to hire its students.
Other top companies included LAM Research, MTX Group Inc, nVidia Graphics, Paypal, Razorpay Software Private Limited, Samsung Research Institute Bangalore, Samsung Semiconductor India Research Center Bangalore, Societe Generale, ThoughtSpot, VMware, Wells Fargo International Solutions Private Limited, Harness and Paypal.
The institute also claimed that the total number of offers had touched 395 while a few results are awaited.
On Tuesday, the Indian Institute of Technology at Madras said its campus placements for the 2020-21 academic year began by setting a new record with a total of 123 offers made by 22 companies on day one alone.
This is higher than any of the preceding academic years. During the last academic year of 2019-20, 102 offers were made by 20 companies at the end of session, it said.
Similarly, the IIT at Guwahati also claimed a decent opening of the placement season.
The placement process started from December 1, 2020 in a completely virtual mode. Companies such as Google, Microsoft, Goldman Sachs, Qualcomm, Texas Instruments, Adobe, Quadaye, Oracle, Walmart, Bajaj, American Express, Uber, Accenture Japan, MTX and many more took part in the first day of the placement drive at IIT Guwahati.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- JEE main results 2021: After the results are declared, candidates who have appeared in the JEE mains 2021 examination will be able to check their results online at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- JEE main result 2021 Live Updates: The JEE main February examination was conducted from February 23 to 26 and more than 6 lakh candidates had registered for it. The result will be declared at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on Saturday declared the final results of multi-tasking staff recruitment exam 2019 on its official website.
- SSC CPO final answer key 2020: Candidates who have appeared in the SSC CPO Paper 1 exam 2020 can check the final answer key along with the question paper online at ssc.nic.in.
- UPSC NDA and Naval Academy results 2020: Candidates who have appeared in the UPSC NDA and Naval Academy 2020 examination can check their results online at upsc.gov.in.
- UPPSC RO and ARO recruitment 2021: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the UPPSC RO and ARO recruitment 2021 online at uppsc.up.nic.in on or before April 5, 2021.
- TNPSC CES Examination 2021: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the TNPSC CES examination 2021 online at tnpsc.gov.in on or before April 4, 2021.
- "In today's cabinet meet, we have given approval to the constitution of a Delhi Board of School Education," said Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal.
- UPPSC Vetting Officer admit card 2021: Candidates who have registered for the UPPSC Vetting Officer screening exam 2021 can download their hall tickets online at uppsc.up.nic.in.