Jharkhand para-teachers up in arms again for their demand of regularisation, wage fixation
Jharkhand para teachers are again up in arms over the issues of the their regularisation and wage fixation. The teachers, under the banner of Ekikrit Para Sikshak Sangharsh Morcha (EPSSM), have started taking out protest marches in the state and they claimed it to be continued till the government meets their demands.
“After the 63-day long strike, which ended on January 3, the government had promised to set up a committee to consider our demands. The committee was set up and it also visited several states to study the para-teachers’ regularisation model. But, more than 240 days have passed, nothing has been done till date,” said EPSSM member Sanjay Dubey.
He said they were forced to go on war path again. “It is alleged that we affect students’ education by organising protests. This is why, we have decided not to disturb the students’ education. We held rally on Sunday and it would continue after the school hours at regular intervals,” he said.
Dubey added they have called a state level meeting on September 1 to chalk out a strategy for the agitation.
Over 50,000 teachers from across the state went on strike from November 16 last year in support of their demand. The strike, which had impacted classes in about 35,000 schools, had come to an end after 63-day on January 3 this year after government deciding to increase remuneration of para-teachers up to Rs 4,800 and study regularisation system of other states.
Thereafter, state education department set up a committee to review the possibility of para-teachers’ regularisation and pay scale fixation. Separate teams were sent to Gujarat, Maharashtra, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Assam and West Bengal for the study.
Jharkhand Education Project Council (JEPC) officials said, the teams have submitted their reports to the education department.
“The study reports have been submitted. The reports would be discussed in a meeting to take further action. A file has been forwarded to the department for fixation of date for the meeting,” JEPC administrative officer Jayant Mishra said.
He said the meeting was expected to be held in a week or two.
Number of schools: 35,000 (approx)
Total teachers: 1.10 lakh teachers
Para-teachers went to strike: Nov 16
Strike ends: Jan 3
Teachers remuneration increased after strike: Up to 4,800
Teams sent to different states to study para-teacher model: June 10
Para teachers’ major demands: Wage fixation and regularization of their services
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Bihar Police Subordinate Services Commission (BPSSC) has declared the sub-inspector mains result 2019 on its official website.
- Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education (HPBOSE) on Saturday released the datesheet for class 5,8,9,11 exams. The HPBOSE datesheet can be downloaded from the official website- hpbose.org.
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) on Saturday released the IIFT-MBA (IB) admit card for the session 2021-23
- Bihar School Education Board will on Saturday declare the Simultala Awasiya Vidyalaya (SAV) class 6th prelims entrance exam result. Candidates who have appeared for the SAV class 6th prelims entrance exam on December 17 will be able to check their results online at secondary.biharboardonline.com
- UPPCL JE Recruitment: Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL), department of energy, UP has released a recruitment notification for the post of junior trainee engineer (civil). There are a total of 21 vacancies.
- UPPSC Calendar 2021: Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) on Friday released its UPPSC Calendar 2021 PDF on its official website at uppsc.up.nic.in.
- JEE Main 2021: The online application window for Joint Entrance (Main) Examination 2021 will close on Saturday, January 16. Aspirants who have not yet submitted their application forms can apply till 11:59 pm on Saturday at Jermain.nta.nic.in.
- Bihar Board inter Admit Card 2021: Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) on Saturday released the admit card for class 12th board exams 2021 on its official website.
- BSEB Class 12th Admit Card 2021: Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) will on Saturday release the admit card for class 12th board exams 2021 on its official website seniorsecondary.biharboardonline.com.
- SSC CHSL Results: Candidates who have appeared in the SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam 2019 can check their results by visiting ssc.nic.in.
- Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on Friday declared the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) tier 1 exam result 2019 and cutoff marks on its official website-ssc.nic.in.