Miss India 2016 Pankhuri Gidwani gets back to studies, scores 97.25% in ISC Class 12 exams
Miss India beauty contest second runner-up and Lucknow girl Pankhuri Gidwani has made it evident that she is serious about studies. She has scored 97.25% in the ISC examination, 2017, the results of which were declared on Monday.
“97.25% it is. So there is something I would like all my friends and followers to know,” reads Gidwani’s latest post on Facebook. A student of La Martiniere Girls College, Lucknow she could not appear in the board examination in 2016 because of various reasons.
As her status reads, “I had missed my board examinations for participating in Miss India (at 18) and after winning Miss India 2nd Runners up, I had to train for Miss Grand International and received 25th position out of 80 countries.”
It was tough, she said in her post, to adjust to studies again after... after a year of glamour. I put my all into it, and this is the result I came forth with,” her Facebook status update reads.
She writes, “So all the people out there who think that something they want is impossible to accomplish, whether it is academics, your dreams or the love you want, you can achieve it all, just have the grit, determination and a true heart to pursue it all.”
La Martiniere Girls College principal, Aashrita Dass praised Gidwani’s efforts. “It was good on her part that she came back from the contest to take the examination and finished her secondary education with good marks. This will add new feather to her modelling career.”
“It’s so overwhelming! Wishes are pouring in from all quarters. It has been a thrilling journey for my daughter,” said Gidwani’s father, Deepak.
“It was important on her part to strike a balance between academics and her modelling career. “Pankhuri has scored 99 in history and wants to study performing arts or do a bachelor’s in Mass Media from Mumbai,” he added.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Himachal Pradesh committee of the Centre of Indian Trade Unions (CITU) will hold a statewide strike on March 9 for the appointment of Anganwadi workers in the pre-primary classes.
- On Sunday, teachers from different colleges also alleged that they have not been paid regular salary since 2019 and said that nearly 1,200 teachers at these colleges were finding it difficult to make ends meet.
- Jammu and Kashmir Board of School Education on Monday declared class 12 annual 2020 (Regular) Kashmir division results in which 82% students passed.
- JEE main result 2021: After the results are declared, candidates who have appeared in the entrance examination will be able to check their JEE main results 2021 online at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- JKBOSE class 12 results for Kashmir division: Students who have appeared in the JKBOSE class 12 board examination can check their results online at jkbose.ac.in.
- JEE main result 2021: Once the results are out, candidates who have appeared in the JEE Mains 2021 February session exam will be able to check their results online at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the final answer key of JEE main February 2021 examination.
- Over 6.88 lakh candidates have applied for UPPSC's combined state/upper subordinate services examination 2021, commonly known as PCS exam, and assistant conservator of forest /range forest officer services examination 2021, say UPPSC officials.
- National Testing Agency (NTA) is expected to soon declare the results of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) main 2021 first session exams.
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) uploaded Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) answer key and question paper 2021 on Sunday, March 7.
- JEE main results 2021: After the results are declared, candidates who have appeared in the JEE mains 2021 examination will be able to check their results online at jeemain.nta.nic.in.