NTA UGC-NET 2020 Result: 47K out of 5 lakh candidates qualify, certificates to be issued soon
UGC-NET Result 2020: The National Testing Agency (NTA) on Monday declared the results of UGC-NET June/September exam 2020. NTA stated that around 47 thousand candidates qualified for Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor.
“As per the UGC policy, 6% of those candidates who appear in both the papers and obtain minimum qualifying marks in aggregate of both the papers are declared NET qualified,” an official notice by NTA reads.
According to an official report of NTA, a total of 8,60,976 candidates were registered for UGC-NET June exam which included 2,59,734 for Asst Professor only and 6,01,242 for JRF and Asst. Professor. Out of the 8.6 lakh registered candidates 5,26,707 appeared for the exam which included 1,40,479 candidates for asst. professor only and 3,86,228 for JRF and asst. professor.
Out of the 5.2 lakh candidates who appeared for the exam, 40986 candidates qualified for assistant professor only and 6171 candidates qualified for JRF and asst. professor.
A total of 36138 candidates had appeared for JRF and Assistant Professor and qualified for Assistant Professor only have qualified for award of following National Fellowship:
4029 Candidates for ‘National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste Students (NFSC)’
431 Candidates for ‘National Fellowship for Other Backward Classes (NFOBC)’
475 Candidates for ‘Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students (MANF)’
The UGC-NET certificates to the qualified candidates will be issued by NTA soon.The certificate can be downloaded from the official website at ugcnet.nta.nic.in, after it is uploaded.
NTA had conducted the UGC-NET exam between September 24 and November 13 in computer based test mode.
The exam was conducted in two shifts every day in 1119 centres across 225 cities in the country. The examination was conducted in 81 subjects.
“For this nationwide professional examination, Live CCTV Surveillance through more than 2400 CCTVs was carried out. Cheating using mobile network and other electronic devices was prevented using Jammers at all centres.A total of more than 1700 jammers in each shift have been installed. 19 Regional Coordinators, 214 City Coordinators and 525 Observers were positioned for UGC-NET June 2020,” the official notice reads.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- HTET Result 2020: Board of Secondary Education Haryana (BSEB) on Thursday declared the results of Haryana Teachers Eligibility Test (HTET 2020) on its official website -haryanatet.in
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) on Thursday declared the Office Assistant (Multipurpose) CRP- IX prelims exam results on its official website- ibps.in
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) on Thursday declared the results of office assistants (Multipurpose) preliminary examination 2020.
- National Testing Agency has extended the last date to apply for Common Management Admission Test (CMAT 2021). Earlier, the deadline was January 22 which has been extended till January 30.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) on Wednesday released the open round allocation list for INICET 2021. Candidates who have qualified for MD/MS/M.Ch courses can check their seat allotment result on its official website at aiimsexams.org
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will declare the results of office assistants (Multipurpose) preliminary examination 2020-21 on Thursday, January 21.
- The online registration for the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) entrance exam will close on Thursday, January 21.
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on Wednesday announced the result of the Combined SO-Steno LDCE, 2015 exam on its official website- upsc.gov.in.
- RRB NTPC Exam: Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) will on Thursday activate the link to check RRB NTPC third phase exam city and date and to download free travel pass for SC/ST candidates. The link will be activated at 9 pm.
- The decks have been cleared for starting the recruitment process for filling 1,894 posts of principals and assistant teachers in 3,049 government- aided junior high schools across the state.