OBC cream may be out of quota net
With a single stroke, the government appears to have accepted a demand of protesting students and also managed to keep the Left parties in good humour.
The creamy layer of the OBCs is likely to be excluded from the 27 per cent reservation in Central education institutions. The Ministry of Human Resource Development is likely to insert a clause in the enabling draft bill on excluding the creamy layer from the reservation net.
The bill being revised is likely to be forwarded to the Prime Minister’s Office for further examination by Monday, when HRD minister Arjun Singh leaves for a weeklong visit to Saudi Arabia.
The Government got a legal opinion saying that the Supreme Court in 1991 in the Indira Sawhney vs GoI case had directed the government to exclude socially advanced persons/sections, defined as creamy layer, from OBCs.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Once the correction window opens, candidates who have registered for the examination will be able to make corrections in their online applications online at jeemain.nta.nic.in on or before January 30, 2021.
- The schedule covers the fifth and sixth mop-up rounds, which is a rare chance for dental aspirants to opt for seats in the course.
- Candidates who have registered for the examination will be able to download the admit card online at wbbpe.org or wbbprimaryeducation.org.
- State Bank of India (SBI) on Friday released the admit card for the specialist cadre officers (SCO) at its official website, sbi.co.in.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has invited online applications for recruitment against 241 Vacancies for the post of security guard. Aspirants can apply online till February 12 at rbi.org.in.
- As per the amendment, the total number of centres will not be increased more than 10% as compared to last year
- Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has declared the results of Indian Economic Services/Indian Statistical Services written exam on its official website -upsc.gov.in. The written exam was held in October 2020
- Staff Selection Commision (SSC) on Friday released the final answer key of Convinced Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) 2019 tier 1 exam on its official website- ssc.nic.in.
- Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education (CGBSE) on Friday released the exam schedule for its class 10th and 12th board exams. The schedule has been uploaded on the official website-cgbse.nic.in.