President Kovind to address annual convocation of IIT Roorkee
President Ram Nath Kovind will address the annual convocation of Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IIT Roorkee) and also present awards to students during the occasion on Friday.
“The President will visit Uttarakhand on October 4, 2019, to address the annual convocation of IIT Roorkee,” President’s Secretariat said in a statement.
Uttarakhand Governor Baby Rani Maurya, Union HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ and Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat will also attend the convocation ceremony.
According to IIT Roorkee, a total of 2029 degrees will be awarded this year out of which 1,018 are for undergraduate recipients, 702 for Post Graduate and 309 for PhD degrees recipients, respectively.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The VC said that some of the varsity employees were involved in irregular admissions at non-affiliated colleges and its subsequent registration with the university's examination department.
- The results of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) main 2021 first session exams were announced by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on Monday, March 8.
- JEE main results 2021: Candidates who have appeared in the JEE Main 2021 February session examination can check their results online at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) has announced the results of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) main 2021 examination.
- JEE Main February result 2021: Once the results are out, candidates who have appeared in the JEE Main 2021 February session examination will be able to check their results online at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) on Monday, March 8 released the revised schedule for ICSE and ISC 2021 examinations
- Most of the top positions were bagged by girls.
- The Himachal Pradesh committee of the Centre of Indian Trade Unions (CITU) will hold a statewide strike on March 9 for the appointment of Anganwadi workers in the pre-primary classes.
- On Sunday, teachers from different colleges also alleged that they have not been paid regular salary since 2019 and said that nearly 1,200 teachers at these colleges were finding it difficult to make ends meet.