Soon, govt to train those who want to work abroad
India will soon have a trained and certified workforce, ready for employment avenues in the blue-collar sector abroad. The ministries of external affairs and skill development and entrepreneurship will collaborate on training and certifying job seekers wishing to emigrate.
The collaboration is aimed at positioning India as a preferred destination for sourcing skilled and trained workers in sectors like hospitality, household chores and driving, and to prevent Indians from being duped by unscrupulous elements abroad.
As per a memorandum of understanding that will soon be signed between the two ministries, unskilled individuals will first be trained under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) anchored by the skill development ministry and later assessed and certified under the Pravasi Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PKVY) run by the MEA; skilled individuals who are already trained can apply for certification under the PKVY.
A majority of the people going abroad are neither skilled for the jobs they are taking up nor familiar with the laws and language of the country they are emigrating to.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Bihar Police Subordinate Services Commission (BPSSC) on Wednesday released the Admit Cards for candidates appearing in Physical Efficiency Test (PET) for recruitment to the post of Police sub inspector, Police Sergeant and Assistant Superintendent Jail.
- The minister was replying to the debate on his department’s budgetary demand of ₹38,035 crore, which was passed by the Bihar Vidhan Sabha
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the official notification for the civil services preliminary examination 2021.
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on Thursday, March 4 released the official notification for the civil services preliminary examination 2021.
- Himachal Pradesh Staff Selection Commission (HPSSC) on Wednesday, March 3 declared the result of written objective type screening test for recruitment of Medical Laboratory Technician (Grade-II)
- Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) has issued a notification (advt. no. 03/2021) for recruitment of Child Development Project Officer (CDPO) under Social Welfare Department.