UPSC exam results: KR Nandini tops; check complete list here
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on Wednesday declared the results civil services examination. KR Nandini has been declared the toppereducation Updated: Jun 11, 2017 22:02 IST
The Union Public Service Commission declared the final results of the civil services examination 2016 on its official website on Wednesday.
Karnataka girl Nandini KR topped the examination. Nandini belongs to the OBC category. She qualified with Kannada Literature as her optional subject. She is a civil engineering graduate from MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology in Bangalore.
Anmol Sher Singh Bedi secured the second position followed by Gopalkrishna Ronanki, Saumya Pandey, Abhilash Mishra and Kothamasu Dinesh Kumar.
As many as 1,099 candidates have been recommended for various government services. There are 220 other candidates in the waiting list.
The civil services examination is conducted by the UPSC annually in three stages - preliminary, main and interview - to select officers for the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and Indian Police Service (IPS) among others.
PTI quoted the topper as saying that she always wanted to be an IAS officer. In 2015 too, a girl from Delhi, Tina Dabi, topped the exam.
As many as 180 successful candidates will be appointed in the IAS, 45 in the IFS, 150 in the IPS and 834 in other central group A and B services.
Among the successful candidates, 500 belong to the general category, 347 to the Other Backward Class category followed by 163 from Scheduled Castes and 89 from Scheduled Tribe categories.
Highlights of civil services results 2016
* Preliminary exam was conducted on August 7 last year.
* In all, 11,35,943 candidates applied for preliminary exam but only 4,59,659 candidates actually appeared.
* Following the preliminary exam, 15,452 candidates qualified for appearance in the written (main) examination that was held in December, 2016.
* Only 2,961 candidates qualified for the personality test
* Among the successful 1099 candidates, 846 are males and 253 females. They also include 44 physically handicapped candidates (22 orthopedically handicapped, seven visually challenged and 15 hearing impaired).
* Female candidate Nandini KR topped the exam. She belongs to OBC category. She qualified the examination with Kannada Literature as her optional subject. She is civil engineering graduate from MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology in Bangalore.
* Anmol Sher Singh Bedi, overall rank second but topper among male candidates. He is computer science graduate from BITS, Pilani.
* Among the top 25 candidates comprise of 18 men and seven women.
Note: Visit official website of UPSC for latest news and updates.
First Published: May 31, 2017 20:04 IST