Assembly Election 2022 Highlights: BJP to jointly contest UP polls with Apna Dal and Nishad Party
With less than one month for polling, political activities in the five poll-bound states Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Goa and Manipur have intensified. As the Election Commission has imposed a ban on physical rallies, political parties are now exploring hybrid modes to reach out to voters.
According to a report by ANI, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) will hold small gatherings and it will be broadcast live through social media platforms as part of their campaign.
Meanwhile, in Uttar Pradesh, Aparna Yadav, daughter-in-law of former state chief minister Mulayam Singh Yadav who was a Samajwadi Party (SP) leader, joined the BJP on Wednesday. The development comes as a major blow to SP which is hoping to wrest power from the BJP in UP.
The elections will begin on February 10 and will go on in seven phases.
The 403-member assembly of Uttar Pradesh will vote in all seven phases. The first phase will begin on February 20. The last phase of the polling will take place on March 7. Manipur with 60 constituencies will vote in two phases, to be held on February 27 and March 3.
The counting for all five states will be held on March 10.
Follow all the updates here:
Jan 19, 2022 09:58 PM IST
'Why no raids in Uttarakhand or Goa?' asks Bhupesh Baghel
Jan 19, 2022 04:56 PM IST
BJP, Apna Dal, and Nishad Party to jointly contest UP polls on 403 seats
Jan 19, 2022 04:46 PM IST
BJP CEC meeting underway in Delhi
Jan 19, 2022 04:37 PM IST
Congress releases another list of five candidates for Goa elections
Jan 19, 2022 03:49 PM IST
Former Uttarakhand CM Trivendra Singh Rawat unwilling to contest assembly polls
Jan 19, 2022 03:36 PM IST
Goa elections: First list of NCP-Sena candidates will be out tomorrow, says Praful Patel
Jan 19, 2022 02:57 PM IST
‘Welcome to BJP family’: Yogi Adityanath to new joinee Aparna Yadav
Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath on Tuesday welcomed into the ‘BJP family’ Aparna Yadav, the younger daughter-in-law of Samajwadi Party (SP) patriarch Mulayam Singh Yadav. Read More
Jan 19, 2022 01:45 PM IST
‘Will contest elections after taking permission from Azamgarh people': Akhilesh Yadav
“I will contest elections after taking permission from the Azamgarh people," says Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav, reports ANI.
Jan 19, 2022 01:17 PM IST
‘Will get back Goa's lost glory': AAP's Amit Palekar
AAP's chief ministerial candidate for Goa, Amit Palekar promises “corruption-free Goa." “We will get back Goa's lost glory, a Goa everyone dreamt of. I will keep every word that I have said and that is my guaranty," he also said in a bried address after AAP announcement.
Jan 19, 2022 01:00 PM IST
UP Elections: Congress CEC to meet today to finalise candidates' names
Congress CEC to meet today through video conferencing for the selection of candidates for the upcoming Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections.
Till now, the party has announced 125 candidates for the polls.
Jan 19, 2022 12:16 PM IST
AAP names Amit Palekar as its chief ministerial candidate for Goa assembly elections
Aam Aadmi Party names Amit Palekar as its chief ministerial candidate for Goa assembly elections.
Jan 19, 2022 11:07 AM IST
Uttarakhand Elections: Congress' CEC to hold meeting on Thursday
Congress Central Election Committee (CEC) meeting for Uttarakhand Assembly polls to be held on Thursday at 5pm, reports ANI citing sources.
Jan 19, 2022 10:49 AM IST
Admire PM Modi's work, says Aparna Yadav
In her brief speech Aparna Yadav said she was always impressed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his India first ideology. “I am very thankful to BJP. The nation always comes first for me. I admire PM Modi's work," she said.
Jan 19, 2022 10:39 AM IST
Mulayam Singh's daughter-in-law Aparna joins BJP
Aparna Yadav, the younger daughter in law of Mulayam Singh Yadav joins BJP in Delhi. Deputy chief minister Keshav Prasad Maurya, UP BJP chief Swatantra Dev were present during her joining.
Jan 19, 2022 10:26 AM IST
UP Elections: Aparna Yadav reaches BJP headquarters
Mulayam Singh Yadav's daughter-in-law Aparna Yadav who is set to join BJP today, has reached party headquarters in Delhi, reports ANI.
Jan 19, 2022 10:24 AM IST
Goa Elections: AAP to announce CM face today
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal will announce chief minister face for Goa Assembly elections today. He is scheduled to make the announce at 11am in a virtual conference from Goa.
Jan 19, 2022 10:13 AM IST
Held discussions with Congress on alliance in Goa: Shiv Sena leader
We held discussions with Congress but no outcome came out of it. Shiv Sena and NCP tried to form a 'Maha Vikas Aghadi' like of Maharashtra in Goa but Congress leaders think they can get the majority on their own, says Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut on Goa Assembly polls.
Jan 19, 2022 09:38 AM IST
SP chief Akhilesh Yadav to contest UP elections: Report
Samajwadi Party Chief and MP from Azamgarh (UP) Akhilesh Yadav will contest Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2022, reports news agency ANI qouting sources.
Jan 19, 2022 09:05 AM IST
Mulayam Singh's daughter-in-law to join BJP? 5 things to know about Aparna Yadav
Former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mulayam Singh Yadav's daughter-in-law Aparna Yadav is all set to join the BJP on Wednesday, in a major blow to the Samajwadi Party ahead of the high-octane UP elections. Haryana BJP in-charge Arun Yadav on Tuesday tweeted Aparna Yadav will be joining the BJP at 10am on Wednesday. Read More
- Bypoll results 2022: Bypolls were conducted in four assembly seats and one Lok Sabha seat across Bihar, Chhattishgarh, Maharashtra and West Bengal.
- Agnimitra Paul urged police, local officials and the election commission to keep a check on post-poll violence in the state.
- The bypoll for the Bochachan seat was required after the death of Paswan's father Musafir Paswan, who won the seat on the Vikassheel Insaan Party's ticket.
- As per the latest trend, Shatrughan Sinha is leading by nearly 9,000 votes in the Asansol Lok Sabha seat while Babul Supriyo is leading by more than 4,600 votes in the Ballygunge assembly constituency.
- By-poll results 2022 highlights: In a massive victory, the Trinamool Congress has swept the by-elections in Bengal from the Asansol lok sabha seat and the Ballygunge assembly seat. The Congress swept Maharashtra's Kolhapur North, while the RJD claimed Bihar win.
- UP MLC Election Result 2022 highlights: The counting of votes is currently underway. BJP is looking for a clean sweep in the legislative council elections, with already nine seats won unopposed.
- Daughter of former chief minister of Uttarakhand Major General (Retd) Bhuwan Chandra Khanduri, Ritu Khanduri won the 2022 assembly elections by defeating Congress' Surendra Singh Negi from the Kotdwar seat by a margin of 3,687 votes.
- Odisha Urban Body Elections Result 2022 highlights: The Biju Janata Dal has swept the municipal bodies elections, winning 95 out of 108 municipalities.