A fresh start
HT City brings you Fresh on Campus, a competition that will choose the coolest batch of 2010. Here’s your chance to vote.entertainment Updated: Sep 19, 2010 01:11 IST
HT City brings you Fresh on Campus, a competition that will choose the coolest batch of 2010. Here’s your chance to vote.
Students grooved to Bollywood numbers as HT City’s ‘Fresh on Campus’ landed in Jesus & Mary College (JMC) on September 15. The affair saw cultural programmes that included performances by various college societies — dance, music and dramatics. Next up was the Miss JMC Contest, which was won by Akanksha Gupta. DJ Sumit Sethi made the youngsters swing to popular numbers like Munni badnam hui, while they were actually getting famous!
Fresh on Campus arrived in Sri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC) on September 16. The college’s freshers, dressed in traditional outfits, competed for the title of Mr and Ms Fresher as RJ Tuhin of Fever 104 FM played judge. It was a group of students dressed in cool lungis who stole the show, not only for what they wore, but also for the animated Rajnikanth-style introductions, complete with sunshades. The jam session, high on Bollywood, came next.
Jesus & Mary College
1. Sagarika Wadhwa, a 1st year student, during the talent hunt round
2. Margaret Joseph, 1st year B.Com, was adjudged the first runner up at the Freshers’ contest
3.Students shake a leg at the jam session
4.Prachi, Tanvi and Jiya sported the theme of their department, ‘Angels and Demons’
Sri Ram College of Commerce
1. Twinkle Uppal was adjudged the Style Diva and Most Popular Fresher
2. Isha and Wamsi Krishna during the couple dance round. Krishna was won the Mr Fresher title
3. Students cheer on
4. Sheetal was adjudged the Best Dressed Fresher
5. Kim Jane was the winner in the Best Dressed category (male)
First Published: Sep 18, 2010 18:40 IST