From Jalsa to Janak: A list of Amitabh Bachchan's properties in Mumbai
Amitabh Bachchan owns several properties in Mumbai as well as abroad. After it was reported that the actor had purchased a new apartment worth ₹31 crore in Mumbai, here is a list of his homes.
Veteran Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan owns many properties, and he recently added a new apartment to the list. It was reported earlier this week that Amitabh bought a 5704 square foot duplex apartment in Mumbai for ₹31 crore.
Reportedly, the property is on the 27th and 28th floors of the under-construction 34-storey building. While he had purchased the apartment on December 31, 2020, it was registered on April 12, 2021, according to Moneycontrol.
Amitabh has several properties in Mumbai as well as abroad.
Here is the list of his properties:
* Amitabh Bachchan’s home in Juhu, Jalsa: The bungalow was purchased by Amitabh from producer NC Sippy, he recently tweeted. It is here that the Bachchan family currently lives. As per Vogue India, the 10,125 square foot Jalsa, which means ‘celebration’, is a two-storey bungalow situated near Juhu's JW Marriott.
* Amitabh also purchased a property, spread over 8,000 square foot, behind Jalsa in 2013 for a sum of ₹50 crore, stated Square Yards.
* Amitabh Bachchan’s work sanctuary Janak: Vogue India said that this property is in close proximity to Jalsa and serves as an office for the actor. Janak means ‘father’. He is often seen working out here with his grandson, Agastya Nanda. The family bought the property in 2004 and is worth ₹50 crore, as per Square Yards.
* Prateeksha: Located in Juhu, this property is the home Amitabh shared with his parents, Harivansh Rai Bachchan and Teji Bachchan, according to Vogue India. The family brought the first house in 1976, as per Amitabh's Instagram post. His son Abhishek Bachchan and daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai Bachchan also tied the knot here in 2007 in a grand ceremony, as per Vogue India.
* Vatsa: This is another property owned by the family in Juhu and has been leased out to Citibank India. Vatsa means ‘calf’.
* According to Square Yards, the ancestral house of the family is in Allahabad at 17, Clive Road, It has now been transformed into an educational trust. He also has a flat in Gurgaon.
Amitabh also has two apartments located in Juhu which are estimated to be worth about ₹40 crore along with another apartment in Juhu worth ₹1.75 crore as per Square Yards.
Apart from his properties in Mumbai, the actor reportedly owns another home in the French capital of Paris, a gift from his wife, Jaya Bachchan, according to Vogue India.