Neetu Chandra says she was replaced by Kangana Ranaut in Tanu Weds Manu, on Madhavan's recommendation
- Actor Neetu Chandra has said that she had signed Tanu Weds Manu, before Kangana Ranaut was brought in to replace her, on Madhavan's recommendation.
Actor Neetu Chandra has said that she was removed from Tanu Weds Manu and replaced by Kangana Ranaut. Neetu, who has appeared in films such as Traffic Signal and Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!, said that she has been 'removed' from six films.
In an interview, she said that such things kept happening to her, but it is a part of the struggle.
Neetu recalled a comment made by actor R Madhavan in the past, when he had claimed to have recommended Kangana for the lead role in Tanu Weds Manu. "I'm talking about Madhavan. He said, 'There was another actress who was signed for Tanu Weds Manu, but I recommended Kangana's name'," Neetu told Bollywood Hungama, adding, "That actress was me, the one who had signed Tanu Weds Manu earlier."
She continued, "These kinds of things kept happening. I was removed from six movies in the past. No one would pick up the phone and call me. Neetu had to (make calls) for Neetu. But this is the journey, and this is how I had to learn things."
Neetu was asked why he did not continue if she had been signed. She said, "How do you continue? Do you think it depends on me if I want to continue the project? For any reason, if the director thinks that the hero is recommending somebody else... I don't come from the sort of background where I can (stand my ground). I'm helpless."
Neetu chalked it down to 'destiny', and said that she holds no grudges towards anyone. She said that she was in talks with director Aanand L Rai for another project, but even that didn't pan out. Tanu Weds Manu spawned a sequel, Tanu Weds Manu Returns, which was an even bigger box office hit, and catapulted Kangana to the A-list.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Priyanka Chopra has said that she regrets endorsing fairness creams in India, but as a child she believed that dark skin wasn't pretty and would put talcum powder on her face.
- Pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's sangeet function have been shared online by Zoa Morani. Check them out here.
- New pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's mehendi ceremony have arrived online. Check them out here.
Akshay Oberoi: We lucked out as there were no Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar sort of big films releasing in 2020
Republic Day special | John Abraham: Honesty in playing a person who cares for his country comes naturally to me
- Varun Dhawan's wife, Natasha Dalal, got her wedding makeup done in 35 minutes, artist Namrata Soni has said.
- On the second anniversary of Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, Kangana Ranaut has accused the movie 'mafia' of launching negative campaigns against her and the film.
- Remo D'Souza has shared a video of himself, dancing with his doctors, after recovering from a heart attack recently.
- Varun Dhawan's Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania and Badrinath Ki Dulhania director, Shashank Khaitan, has some advice for the actor's wife, Natasha Dalal.
- Late actor Irrfan Khan's son, Babil, has said that he has no interest in doing films that make ₹100 crore but have no artistic value.