Esha Gupta's birthday wish is to do a masala film next
After working in films like Raaz 3D and Chakravyuh, Bollywood actress Esha Gupta, who turned 27 today, wants to star in a full fledged commercial film now.
Having explored different genres with the three films she has done in her year-old Bollywood career, Esha is now looking forward to doing a masala film like 'Singham' or 'Rowdy Rathore'.
"Now I am looking forward to a doing full commercial film like 'Rowdy Rathore', 'Singham' or 'Bol Bachchan', an action or comedy film in this genre," Esha told PTI.
Esha is spending her birthday working and she launched the flagship store of Shreem jewellers here today. She even received a surprise birthday gift as their brand ambassador.
"They gave me a really good surprise today on my birthday by launching the Esha collection. It's so sweet having a collection in my own name. The pieces are contemporary, elegant and beautiful. They got designers from Athens, Belgium as well as Mumbai to design this collection. It comprises rubies, diamonds and emeralds," said Esha.
It has been a good year for the actress with both 'Jannat 2' and 'Raaz 3D' being successful, but Esha has no big plans to celebrate her birthday.
"I flew down to Delhi last night and spent time with my family, but I have to fly back to Mumbai tonight for work commitments. I am happy that I am working, what more can I ask for? I never say that I want a vacation, because that means I am refusing work. I am glad that I'm working on my birthday," she said.
The actress is set to work with Vishesh Films again after 'Jannat 2' and 'Raaz 3D', but the next film is still in the scripting stage.
"I have a contract with them and I'll do three more films with them if I have to. But they are busy with the sequels to 'Murder' and 'Aashiqui', so my film is still in a scripting stage," said Esha.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Critics Choice Awards 2021 winners were announced on Sunday. Nomadland bagged four awards while late Chadwick Boseman received a posthumous award for Best Actor for Ma Rainey's Black Bottom.
Women’s Day Special | Ekta Kapoor, Guneet Monga and Tahira Kashyap Khurrana: We just want to create better opportunities for women
Bobby Deol: Have never given importance to awards, my father’s been a legend, didn’t get a single Best Actor award
Anupria Goenka: There are many stereotypes attached to women even today in our workplace, pay disparity being one
- Saif Ali Khan's sister Saba on Sunday shared a cute and never-seen-before picture of Taimur Ali Khan. See it here.
- Alia Bhatt is already in birthday spirits. She took to Instagram and revealed she has received a bunch of gifts from director Shashank Khaitan.
- Taapsee Pannu was recently in the news for the I-T raids carried out at her property in Mumbai. The actor has now revealed how her family had reacted to the searches.
- Bombay Begums review: Terrific performances by Pooja Bhatt, Amruta Subhash, Plabita Borthakur, Shahana Goswami and Manish Chaudhary smooth out the creases in Alankrita Shrivastava's Netflix show.
- On International Women's Day, Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter to share pictures with the favourite women in her life. She also said how everyday was 'Women's Day'.