First look of My Name Is Khan unveiled
The first look of My Name Is Khan, which reunites superstar Shah Rukh Khan with Kajol on screen after eight years, was unveiled by Star TV network Wednesday night at a star-studded event here.
The first look was launched by Shah Rukh, director Karan Johar and Kajol at the JW Marriott hotel. The promos were aired at 10 p.m. across 70 countries.
"It is one of the nicest love stories I have participated (in)," Shah Rukh said while the promo was unveiled.
The film brings Karan, Shah Rukh and Kajol together for a film after the hit Kabhie Khushi Kabhi Gham eight years ago.
The story revolves around Rizwan Khan (Shah Rukh), a Muslim from Mumbai who suffers from Asperger syndrome, a form of autism.
Rizwan marries a Hindu single mother Mandira (Kajol) in San Francisco. But post 9/11, Rizwan is detained by authorities at Los Angeles International Airport, mistaking his disability for "suspicious" behaviour.
The film is slated to release Feb 12, 2010.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Amrita Rao has said that she wasn't prepared to handle many new mother problems as parents forget to tell their children many things by the time they become grandparents.
- 1962 The War in the Hills review: Shrill, tacky, and jaw-droppingly amateurish, Abhay Deol's Hotstar war drama is the worst show on a mainstream Indian platform since his cousin Bobby Deol's Aashram.
- The fans of Harry Potter star Emma Watson were shocked as a report hinted that the actor has given up her career in acting and is devoting her time to her boyfriend.
- Spotted outside a food joint in Mumbai, Deepika Padukone was seen struggling when a woman tried to pull her purse in an attempt to sell tissues.
- Arshi Khan opened up about her Lady Gaga-inspired gold dress at the Bigg Boss 14 after-party and revealed Salman Khan's hilarious response to it.
- Mohit Malik and Addite Malik had their baby shower Wednesday and the TV couple was seen in traditional Maharashtrian attire for the bash.
- Salman Khan reportedly shot for Shah Rukh Khan's Pathan on Thursday. See a picture from the set here.
- Rakhi Sawant visited her ailing mother at hospital, accompanied by Kashmera Shah and Sambhavna Seth, who assured 'emotional and financial support' for her.
- Yashraj Mukhate, the memelord musician behind viral tracks such as Rasode Mein Kaun Tha and Pawri Hori Hai, has spoken about his journey.