Himesh to play Rishi Kapoor in Karz remake
After the success of his debut film Aap Kaa Surroor, composer-singer-actor Himesh Reshammiya is ready to face the camera once again for the remake of the 1977 musical blockbuster Karz.
Reshammiya is going in for makeover for his role in the remake of Subhash Ghai's film, which is being produced by T-Series. He will be seen dancing, singing and performing to self-composed songs sans his famous cap.
"At the moment I can only say I'm planning my look and performance. And yes this time I want to win over the critics as well," Reshammiya told IANS.
The evergreen Laxmikant-Pyarelal songs from Ghai's blockbuster will be replaced by Reshammiya's tunes. And if we keep in mind the fact that Reshammiya is one of the biggest Laxmikant-Pyarelal fans, we have much to look forward to in the new Karz.
Giving details on the project, producer Bhushan Kumar of T-Series said:
"Yes we've purchased the remake rights of Subhash Ghai's timeless classic Karz with Himesh playing Rishi Kapoor's part. Himesh has already started working on a new look for the film.
"This will be his first release after Aap Kaa Surroor. The rest of the cast and director are yet to be decided. Our Karz will be trans-located to contemporary times with a fresh musical score by Himesh with whom T-Series has always gelled.
"We'd have loved Mr. Ghai to direct the remake. But he refused arguing he doesn't need to go back to one of his films when he's brimming over with fresh ideas. We'll decide on the director in a week's time," added Kumar.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Even though Prince Harry and Meghan Markle admitted to having watched Netflix's The Crown, the show's creator, Peter Morgan, had previously said that he has no intention of telling their story on the series.
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.