Hosting Oscars sucks
He has won kudos for his ‘wickedly witty’ hosting skills at this year’s Tony Awards but when it comes to spearheading the Oscars, actor Neil Patrick Harris, says it can’t get “harder”.
“Do I see myself hosting the Oscars? No, not yet. Maybe someday,” the 38-year-old says during an event in Cancun, Mexico. “It’s a very difficult job. A billion people watch that show and everyone is looking for why it sucks,” he adds.
However, he isn’t all that against the idea. “If they ask me, I’d probably say, ‘Yes',” says the double Emmy winner, who will be next seen in 3D live action-animated family comedy, The Smurfs, releasing worldwide on Friday. In the movie, he and his partner are shown to be expecting their first child. Harris, who was expecting twins in real life through a surrogate mother, at the time of shooting, reveals it wasn’t hard to pretend to be nervous about the impending fatherhood. Known mostly as Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother, he’s glad about the way his career has turned out. “I’m in a lovely position where I get to do things that I enjoy doing and so I’m thankful,” he says.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In a new video, Rahul Vaidya revealed that he learnt how to make caramelised eggs from Aly Goni, knead dough from Jasmin Bhasin and even Rakhi Sawant taught him how to cook some dish.
- Videos of Shraddha Kapoor dancing at her cousin Priyaank Sharma's wedding in the Maldives are going viral on the internet.
- Alia Bhatt was seen in a bridal avatar in her new advertisement. Fans loved it and wished to see her get married in real life too. She is in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Anil Kapoor joked that Jackie Shroff has threatened to slap him multiple times unless he confirms a film together. The two have starred in 12 films together, till date.
- WandaVision premiered its ninth and final episode on Friday. While it was a satisfying end to Marvel Cinematic Universe's first Phase 4 project, fans feel betrayed over a revelation made.
- Shehnaaz Gill said that she was not affected by the acid attack threats she got and the doctored videos made of her. She said that she is only gaining 'sympathy' in the process.
- Mahhi Vij, in a lengthy note, responded to accusations that she and Jay Bhanushali do not love their foster children Khushi and Rajveer as much as their biological daughter Tara.
- Judas and the Black Messiah movie review: Daniel Kaluuya and Lakeith Stanfield deliver extraordinary performances in Shaka King's politically charged film, co-produced by Ryan Coogler.
- Mika Singh talked about marriage on Indian Pro Music League. He said that he is the ‘only forever bachelor’ after Salman Khan and wishes to keep his tag for some time.
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli met in a rather unconventional manner, during an ad shoot. While she was confident, he was a 'jittery and nervous'. Read the rest of the story here.