How to take care of Pashmina
Pashmina becomes softer and more comfortable with every use and with proper care, it will last for a lifetime or more. Read on for tips to take proper care of the gentle fabric which can be handed down from generation to generation.entertainment Updated: Sep 29, 2010 01:19 IST
Pashmina is quite unusual in a way, it actually becomes softer and more comfortable with every use, actually making it gentler on your skin each time you wear it. With proper care, it will last for a lifetime or more. This is evident in the fact that pashminas have been handed down from generation to generation.
1. Herbal wash: Pashmina does not require washing, but if you must, then a herbal wash is preferred, alternatively dry-cleaning. When washing Pashmina at home, use lukewarm or cold water. Do not use harsh detergents. To retain the softness, use baby shampoo or pH neutral detergent.
2. Store right: Store in a cool and dry place, it can be kept out in the morning sun but not for more than 20 minutes.
3. Wrap it well: You can also store pashmina wrapped in a fine muslin cloth. Do not store them too tight otherwise it will get crease lines.
4. Use cloves: A little sachet of cloves kept with the pashmina will keep the moths away. A combination of pure oils like Citronella, Lavender, Lemongrass is also effective for the same.
5. Iron carefully: To remove creases from your pashmina, either steam press or carefully iron with added protection of a pressing cloth. However, if it is badly wrinkled, get it dry-cleaned so as not to lose the vitality of the fabric.
HTC (With inputs from Monisha Gupta, Craft House)
First Published: Sep 28, 2010 16:14 IST