Kailash Kher: Our vaccine anthem is for entire mankind!
Singer-composer Kailash Kher recently lent his magical voice to anthem ‘Jeet Ki Tayyari’ that has been released in wake of nation-wide Covid-19 vaccination drive that kick-started on Saturday. An initiative by Unicef India, the anthem is getting wide appreciation on social media.
“Uttar Pradesh has taken a lead but this vaccination anthem is made for the entire mankind! It was initiated by the Unicef office in Lucknow and we were working on this for almost a month now to celebrate this moment. Entire country was waiting for this day which marks a new beginning in the pandemic phase,” says the ‘Teri Deewani…’ singer.
The lyric has been penned by Shruti Bhatt and Bhai Shelly while the music composition is by Amit Vishnoi and Sachin Thapa.
“Most of my songs are usually composed by my team while I write the lyrics. Here, I have creatively collaborated with other writers and composers. More than using the words like vaccine or virus in the lyrics, we tried to infuse positivity in the anthem — ‘Rahe kitni bhi mushkil, raat ki kali syahi hai, Suraj ban kar niklengey, Jeet ki ab taiyaari hai,’ this was written to motivate our frontline warriors,” he said.
Starting from lockdown phas he has come up with many motivational songs — ‘Main hi mera rakshak hoon’, ‘Ek jyot hai jagi’ and ‘Atmanirbhar hum, bolo Vande Matram’.
On January 15, Indian Army Day, his song ‘Hum Sher tere galwan ke’ was released. “The song was launched at all the army bases on the special day. It was a very proud moment for me. I have been singing for over a decade, so now my inclination towards patriotic and motivational songs has increased twofold. It surely provides less money but it makes me contended and in future too I want to do more these.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- BTS singer Jungkook was the talk of the town with his surprise VLive followed by his statements on his upcoming mixtape, dubbed JJK1, on Saturday.
Jonita Gandhi: Music industry is still male dominant and there’s a certain stereotyping that’s happening with women
- Sajid Khan of the Sajid-Wajid fame has said in a recent interview how Salman Khan has been supporting him after his brother Wajid's death last year.
- Last year, BTS singer Jimin caused a frenzy among Indian BTS fans when he said he watched 3 Idiots.
- BTS singer V confirmed that his mixtape would feature 13 songs. This revelation has left the fandom, ARMY, in an emotional state.
- Nick Jonas has released the title track from his new album Spaceman. The singer revealed that most songs on the album are musical love letters to Priyanka Chopra.
- BTS singer Jungkook took to Twitter and shared a selfie flaunting his blue hair. The singer caused a frenzy among fans and left a few wondering if the hair colour change has something to do with his mixtape.
- Renowned Punjabi singer Sardool Sikander died on Wednesday. Several Punjabi and Bollywood celebrities remembered him on social media.