Narayana Murthy's wife to act in movie
The Chairperson of Infosys Foundation has agreed to take up a role in Prarthane (Prayer), a Kannada film currently being shot with actors Ananth Nag, Pavithra Lokesh and Prakash Rai in the cast.
The film, the directorial debut of senior film journalist K Sadashiv Shenoy, revolves around the need to preserve Kannada culture and language. Sudha, who has acted in a television serial before, said she is excited about her role but isn't nervous at all.
"I enjoy music and watch films very much. At this age, I did not have the ambition to act in films. I told him (Shenoy) to give a role where I don't have do make-up," Sudha Murthy, also a noted writer told PTI here.
Shenoy said Sudha Murthy would be portrayed in the film, produced by Harish with acclaimed Ramachandra Ithal being the cinematographer, as a "voice of Karnataka" and a champion of Kannada language and culture.
"Who is better than Sudha Murthy to essay such kinds of roles," said Shenoy.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Vidya Balan has said that it has taken her time to accept her body because, at one point in her life, she used to hate it.
- Kangana Ranaut, who earlier accused Vikas Bahl of inappropriate behaviour, thanked him for turning her career around with Queen. She said that he 'played a very significant role' in shaping her destiny.
- Shahid Kapoor aced the Centre of Gravity challenge, much to the surprise of his wife Mira Rajput, who called him a 'smooth operator'. Watch the video here.
- Sonakshi Sinha, who plays a tough cop in her debut web series, shared her first look from the show on the eve of International Women's Day. See it here.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has reaffirmed her wish to reconcile with the actor in a new interview, adding that she is ready to mend her ties with his brother Shamas.
- Abhinav Shukla said that Bigg Boss 14 runner-up Rahul Vaidya did not deserve to be in the top two as he walked out of the show during the mid-season finale.
- BTS singer Jungkook hosted a VLive on Sunday. During the chat, he revealed his new hair colour, thanked the ARMY, listened to songs and gave everyone a good look at his arm tattoos.