New things about IPL 2009
From Shilpa Shetty launching a talent hunt for cheerleaders to Riya Sen being the brand ambassador for the IPL website much more coming up in the upcoming IPL series.entertainment Updated: Feb 05, 2009 17:08 IST
Shilpa Shetty will launch a talent hunt for cheerleaders for her Rajasthan IPL team.
Katrina Kaif resumes the role of mascot for the Bangalore team.
Raj Kundra and Shilpa Shetty have invested Rs 75 crore for a 12 per cent stake in the Rajasthan team.
Akshay Kumar will not be the mascot for Delhi’s team this year.
Riya Sen is the brand ambassador for the IPL website.
Rajasthan’s team will launch a clothing line and a documentary film on the team.
Knights and Angels is a talent show on NDTV Imagine where Sourav Ganguly hunts for cheerleaders. Chennai Super Kings Cheerleaders is also a talent hunt show, to start soon on Vijay TV.
Chennai Super Kings Juniors is a talent hunt for young cricketers, also coming on Vijay TV.
Perscussionist Sivamani will perform with the finalists of Chennai’s cheerleader hunt.
Preity Zinta’s Mohali team is also launching a talent hunt and a cricket academy in Mohali.
Pakistani players are out of the IPL Season 2.
England cricketers are in this year, including star players Kevin
Pietersen and Andrew Flintoff.
* Aussie David Warner joins the Delhi team, while Michael Clarke pulls out of the IPL.
* 112 overseas players are auctioned this season.
* Rs 600 crore (nearly half the ad budget for cricket in 2009) is the advertising money so far.
* Rs 9.6 crore is the spending cap on the teams for 2009.
* Bangalore trades Robin Uthappa for Mumbai’s Zaheer Khan. Mumbai’s Ashish Nehra is traded for Delhi’s Shikhar Dhawan.
SRK’s team has Eden Gardens, but is checking out Cuttack stadium as well.