Popular comedian Rajendra Nath dead
Popular Hindi film comedian of yesteryears Rajendra Nath died in Mumbai on Wednesday evening after prolonged illness. He was 76.
The actor had been suffering from breathing problems for the last several days and his end came at his residence in suburban Khar.
He will be cremated on Thursday, family sources said.
Rajendra Nath began his career in 1938 with Hindi film 'Vachan' and went on to act in movies like 'Patanga', 'Hum Sab Chor Hain' and 'Dil Deke Dekho'.
His role of Popatlal in the 1961 box-office hit 'Jab Pyar Kisi Se Hota Hai' became a big hit and the title of Popatlal stuck to him.
Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh condoled the actor's death and said "Rajendra Nath regaled film lovers across generations with his typical sense of comic timing".
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Nakuul Mehta’s wife Jankee Parekh revealed how her life has changed after the birth of their son, Sufi. She said that she is busy with mommy duties, leaving her little time for social media activities.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- BTS singer Jungkook took to Twitter and shared a selfie flaunting his blue hair. The singer caused a frenzy among fans and left a few wondering if the hair colour change has something to do with his mixtape.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
- Gauahar Khan revealed her father has been admitted to a hospital. The actor took to Instagram and shared pictures of how her husband Zaid Darbar and in-laws are supporting her.
Birthday girl Sanya Malhotra: In my fifth year in Bollywood, it’s surreal, can’t believe I am living my dream
- Ayushmann Khurrana made sure to interact with his fans in Shillong by promptly coming down to meet them after they gathered at his Shillong hotel. Watch here