Shah Rukh to play Spiderman for son
After getting six-pack abs to please his son, Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan has another dream for the boy. He wants to do an Indian version of the Spiderman as a gift to Aryan who is a big FX and SRK fan.
And the director chosen to put together what is arguably the most expensive movie ever made in Bollywood is Anubhav Sinha. The superstar is gung ho about the project. The two are writing the script.
Though Sinha is not willing to reveal more details about SRK's "superhero" project, the film will require a 12-year-old boy to co-star with the actor.
At the moment, the hunt is on for the boy, who will get the opportunity to join Shah Rukh's fantasy of donning a cape and flying across the sky at supersonic speed.
The director, credited with action movies Dus and Cash, is ready to take on the biggest challenge of his career.
"I'm surprised at how accessible Shah Rukh is for me. I always thought that he likes to work with directors with whom he has a certain comfort level. Shah Rukh didn't know me at all, but he's all for our film together," Sinha told IANS.
The character that Shah Rukh will play is based on gizmos, computer games and a superhero on the lines of Spiderman. The superstar is developing the character.
Whether he takes credit for the screenplay remains to be seen. At the moment, all systems are ready to start SRK's most expensive movie before the end of 2008.
A year ago, Shah Rukh said in an interview that he wanted his company to produce a mega FX film on the lines of Spiderman.
"I want my company Red Chillies to become truly FX-savvy. Have you seen 300? That's the kind of optical effects I want in our cinema," SRK had said with characteristic gusto.
Talks between Sinha and Shah Rukh for the project, which will be made by his production house Red Chillies, have been on for nearly a year.
"But over the past three months, we've been talking very seriously about the project, thanks to a common friend (journalist Mustaq Sheikh). Yes, it's an FX-driven fantasy for children and the child within every person, on the lines of Spiderman. It's definitely not an animation film, as wrongly reported in some sections of the press, " Sinha said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Nakuul Mehta’s wife Jankee Parekh revealed how her life has changed after the birth of their son, Sufi. She said that she is busy with mommy duties, leaving her little time for social media activities.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- BTS singer Jungkook took to Twitter and shared a selfie flaunting his blue hair. The singer caused a frenzy among fans and left a few wondering if the hair colour change has something to do with his mixtape.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
- Gauahar Khan revealed her father has been admitted to a hospital. The actor took to Instagram and shared pictures of how her husband Zaid Darbar and in-laws are supporting her.
Birthday girl Sanya Malhotra: In my fifth year in Bollywood, it’s surreal, can’t believe I am living my dream
- Ayushmann Khurrana made sure to interact with his fans in Shillong by promptly coming down to meet them after they gathered at his Shillong hotel. Watch here