Siddharth, who debuted in
Rang De Basanti
, finally has a film he can claim as his own. The actor plays the lead in
. Explaining why he waited four years to zero in on a flick, he says, “I did not want to be just another actor in the running in Mumbai. I had to find something to explore my range as an actor and set up my future here.”
The actor has sung a song for the film. In it, he utters the word ‘Bombay’ several times. Asked if he fears a backlash similar to what filmmaker Karan Johar faced for using the term in his film
Wake Up Sid
, the actor replies, “I was not apprehensive about it at all. Our movie is set in the 80s and, at that time, the place was called Bombay and not Mumbai. So I will call it Bombay.”
The actor, who plays the role of a carom player in the movie, did a fair share of research for his role. “I interacted with close to
200-250 carom players. I had to train for two months to learn the style and body language of professional players,” he concludes.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Even though Prince Harry and Meghan Markle admitted to having watched Netflix's The Crown, the show's creator, Peter Morgan, had previously said that he has no intention of telling their story on the series.
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra shared a funny and cute video of the two of them to celebrate his wife and an 'amazing role model'.