Shilpa Shetty will talk about how she handled her break up with Akshay Kumar. Aishwarya Rai will chart her life from being a simple Mumbai girl to Hollywood star and Bachchan bahu.
A certain bus conductor, Shivaji Rao Gaekwad, will tell all about becoming the iconic Rajnikanth of the south Indian cinema.
What's happening here? A tell all session at your neighbourhood bookshop.
All these stars are set to release their biographies this year. Quite a flood, yes, but also great business. Because movie star biographies and autobiographies are outselling several major Indian and international writers works.
"Biographies of filmstars are a huge success," says Ajay Mago of Om Books International. Last year, Om Books had published Shah Rukh Khan's biography by Anupama Chopra. Titled King of Bollywood and the Seductive World of Indian Cinema, all 20,000 copies from the first print were sold out.
Pramod Kapoor of Roli Books, who published Mr and Mrs Dutt: Memories of Our Parents by Namrata Dutt Kumar and Priya Dutt last year, says, "Although the book was more of a tribute than a biography, it sold 14,000 copies, almost 12,000 of which were picked up in the first three months."
Another huge hit last year was Romancingwith Life by Dev Anand. "It's a runaway success. Almost 50 copies were picked within two weeks," says M Singh of Bahrisons Bookshop.
Many more to come
Come March 6 and Om International will release Rajnikanth's biography on a massive scale. Apparently, Aishwarya's biography has been picked up by one of the major international publishers.
Though the publishers refused to be named, since the final deal is yet to be made, talking about the plans, an official says, "Since Aishwarya is a global Indian, we plan to launch the book in an very international style. We are also looking at translating the book in various languages."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Here's a video of almost-baby Tiger Shroff, taking to the stage with his father, Jackie, back in the early 1990s.
- Kishwer Merchant and Suyyash Rai announced on Tuesday that they are expecting their first child. Check out their Instagram posts.
- Amazon Prime Video has issued a new apology over the legal cases surrounding the political drama Tandav. Read it here.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- BTS singer V released his vlog on YouTube, which featured a few behind-the-scenes glimpses at his song Snow Flower with Peakboy, his workout session, and more.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- BLACKPINK member Rosé shared posters to confirm that she will make her solo debut on March 12. Her fellow BLACKPINK members Jisoo, Lisa and Jennie extend their support.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.