Things that mattered
Sometimes, life moves by so fast that we don’t take a moment to think of what we really miss.We end up moving so fast, finding new ways or routes, that we sometimes forget the things as they once were.entertainment Updated: Sep 20, 2010 13:38 IST
Sometimes, life moves by so fast that we don’t take a moment to think of what we really miss.
We end up moving so fast, finding new ways or routes, that we sometimes forget the things as they once were and, most importantly, we forget to miss them!
Here’s an ode to the things, people, places, moments and memories gone by.
* I miss pre school in Montessori. I’d like to make a bunch of adults go through the activities the responsibilities we were assigned.
* I miss playing Duke Nukem 3d on my PC, as well as Sonic the Hedgehog, and the king of all flight simulator!
* I miss watching Saturday morning cartoons, and evening video games, once homework was done.
* I miss coming up with new ways to avoid tuition time.
* I miss the joy of getting prank calls on my landline.
* I miss the times when Friday evenings were all about buying bubble gum with tattoo stickers.
* I miss writing down phone numbers in my school diary.
* I miss reading RL Stine and Goosebumps and actually getting scared.
* I miss singing Happy Nation and trying desperately to remember the lyrics to We Didn’t Start The Fire.
* I miss passing notes around in class, making sure the teacher doesn’t catch us, because the consequence would include going to the school version of alcatraz.
* I miss the time when a coffee house was actually okay to hang out in.
* I miss Indian movies from the 90s, with the frizzy hair and the untamed passion to prove something.
* I miss the feeling of thinking Scary Spice from the Spice Girls had the coolest pants and the worst moves.
* I miss thinking Nick Carter was a cliche and I miss Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
* I miss discovering Bob Dylan’s lyrics and Bob Marley’s musical genius.
Everyday, starting today, I’ll try and recreate the magic of a memory gone by and the love lost somewhere in time. In tribute of times and moments gone by, here are some of my favorite lyrics:
“Come gather ‘round people Wherever you roam And admit that the waters Around you have grown And accept it that soon You’ll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you Is worth savin’ Then you better start swimmin’ Or you’ll sink like a stone For the times they are a-changin’.”
Read more Shruti Haasan columns