Hope to create something on OTT: Mona Singh on turning writer
Last year, most of us spent time with family and did household chores during the lockdown and so did Mona Singh but she also tried her hand at new things.
“Other than cooking, reading different kinds of books, I took up gardening as well, which I enjoyed. Moreover, I tried my hand at writing. My husband and I are writing a script and I hope that whatever we are penning down gets made. We began thinking of concepts which we would want to watch as audiences and doing something we hadn’t done before. Touchwood! Our concept has turned out well. I am hoping to create something as today, everyone is exploring OTT. A number of actors are getting into production and we are writing and will produce as well,” she shares, revealing that production is on her mind.
With the digital boom, there are new web shows being released every week on various platforms giving the audience multiple options. That’s where word of mouth is important feels Singh, who adds, “There are some shows that get lost on OTT while many hits happen due to the buzz and reactions on social media. People talk about shows they liked or hated and the reviews and reactions leads to others watching them. Good shows were hits and average shows are missed. Good shows like Paatal Lok and Scam 1992: The Harshad Mehta Story outshine the others as everyone saw them,” she states.
For the actor, 2020 was a good learning as it taught everyone the importance of health, spending quality time with family and working around the house. “There was a certain kind of responsibility for family and uncertainity of the future was experienced. I got to spend time with my husband and parents. I shot during the pandemic which I was grateful for as many people were sitting at home. I was shooting in Kolkata and I was away from home for three months. Kehne Ko Humsafar Hain S3 released in June and Black Widows came in December, so there was no career setback. But one of the most beautiful things that emerged from the pandemic is that we pray for everyone. We are there for one another. People are positive and hopeful. Instead of wealth and work, we ask for good health from God,” she concludes.
Interact with author on Twitter/@iamkav
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In a viral video, Rahul Vaidya of Bigg Boss 14 is seen narrating an incident about how he met Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan at a city lounge and how the singer was impressed by star kid's humility and patience.
- Aly Goni has posted a new photo with close friend and Bigg Boss 14 co-contestant Jasmin Bhasin. Check it out here.
- Former Bigg Boss 14 contestant Kavita Kaushik has shared screenshots of the abusive messages she received on social media. "Call them out! Expose them!" Kavita wrote.
- Kishwer Merchant and Suyyash Rai announced on Tuesday that they are expecting their first child. Check out their Instagram posts.
- Amazon Prime Video has issued a new apology over the legal cases surrounding the political drama Tandav. Read it here.
- Late Pratyusha Banerjee's ex-boyfriend, Rahul Raj Singh, has said that he is waiting for the day that karma punishes Kamya Panjabi and Vikas Gupta. Both Vikas and Kamya have spoken against Rahul in Pratyusha's suicide case.
- Rubina Dilaik, Abhinav Shukla, Nikki Tamboli, Arshi Khan, and Jaan Kumar Sanu attended a Bigg Boss 14 bash thrown by Rahul Mahajan and his wife, Natalya.
- Bigg Boss 14 contestant Jasmin Bhasin took to Twitter to urge her fans to not spread negativity. Her tweet came amid social media wars between her fans and those of Rubina Dilaik.
- Cricketer-turned-actor Salil Ankola shares how he was rushed to the hospital after facing breathlessness, soon after testing positive for coronavirus.
- Rubina Dilaik shared a throwback swimsuit photo of herself and said that she really wants to go on a vacation. However, her husband Abhinav Shukla had a funny response.
- Rakhi Sawant hosted a party on Monday, which was attended by a number of her Bigg Boss 14 co-contestants, including Nikki Tamboli, Jaan Kumar Sanu, Vikas Gupta and Rahul Mahajan.
- Prince Harry has said that his and wife Meghan Markle's decision to take a step back from the royal family was exacerbated by a desire to not have history repeat itself. He did not want to be overwhelmed by media scrutiny in the way that his mother, Diana, was.
- Nikki Tamboli has both defended and made certain clarifications about accusing Jaan Kumar Sanu of kissing her on Bigg Boss 14.