Mohit Malik: The vaccine is here and cases are low but Covid is still here
Last week, Mohit Malik tested positive for Covid-19 after he returned from his birthday celebration in Alibaug. The actor announced on Instagram about being positive and that he was relieved that his pregnant wife, Addite Malik, is not.
He shares, “Since the past three days, the fever is frequent as is body ache. Though I am getting better every day but it’s still a long way to go. During the day, sometimes, I feel okay and sometimes, I feel horribly unwell. It is a relief that Addite tested negative. I think people are taking it lightly. Logon ko lag raha hai ke vaccine aa gaya and Covid chala gaya. But that is not true. We should not get lax and maintain the same level of precautions, hygiene and sanitisation that we did earlier.”
The Kulfi Kumar Bajewala actor began experiencing symptoms two days after his return from Alibaug and got tested. All his friends, who accompanied the Maliks, tested negative, except the actor. He has isolated himself in one room while his wife is in another room.
“I was not lenient at all and took all the precautions but I don’t know where it came from. I want to tell people not to take Covid lightly. Please wear a mask, maintain social distance and sanitise. It is important for the next few months. In fact, a few days ago, I lost someone I knew closely and personally and we all have to take care as Covid is still contagious. The government is doing a good job with handling the pandemic but it also comes down to every individual and our responsibility to be alert. There are so many people who don’t believe Corona is real and feel it is a scam or they won’t get it. We all have to be careful and continue to be so at least till the near future as it is not under control yet. Let’s follow the advice of authorities for our own safety,” he says.
Interact with author on Twitter/@iamkav
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Abhinav Shukla said that Bigg Boss 14 runner-up Rahul Vaidya did not deserve to be in the top two as he walked out of the show during the mid-season finale.
- Hema Malini was left teary-eyed on watching a video message from her daughter, Esha Deol, on Indian Idol 12. The episode will be aired tonight. Watch the promo here.
- Rannvijay Singha of Roadies fame wished his wife Prianka Singha on her birthday on Sunday. They recently announced they were expecting their second child together.
- Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar were spotted watching a cricket practice session. Fans loved their easy equation with each other and showered them with love.
- Sidharth Shukla and Sonia Rathee were seen riding a bike on the sets of their upcoming show Broken But Beautiful. The duo have roped in for the lead roles.
- Rakhi Sawant is disappointed with Rubina Dilaik and Aly Goni for not visiting her ailing mother, who is in hospital fighting cancer.
- Shehnaaz Gill has said that because Sidharth Shukla is 'the complete package', girls constantly hit on him, which she thinks is a problem.
- Kamya Panjabi was married to businessman Bunty Negi for 10 years before she gave up and walked out of the marriage in 2013. In a new interview, she recalls the day she left.
- Sahil Anand, recently seen on Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2, announced that him and his wife Rajneet Monga are expecting their first child. Check out his post.
- Actor Anita Hassanandani has shared new pictures and videos of her newborn son, Aaravv. Check them out here.
- Meghan Markle has been accused of bullying Palace staff members during her stay in 2018. While the Kensington Palace said that it is investigating the claims, Meghan's friends are coming to her defense.
- Sidharth Shukla showered praise on Badshah and rumoured girlfriend Shehnaaz Gill's new music video, Fly.