10 beauty tips to treat acne breakouts in summer
Summer skin is prone to infections as dust, oil, heat and humidity tend to stick to your face resulting in acne. Here’s what to do about it.Updated: Jun 03, 2018 11:16 IST
While cosmetics can cover up some facial flaws, it is tough to completely hide acne. Summer skin is prone to infections as dust, oil, heat and humidity tend to stick to your face resulting in acne, so make sure you are paying attention to it. Cosmetologist and homeopath physician Karuna Malhotra from Cosmetic Skin and Homeo Clinic and make-up artist Tullika Pandey list ways to prevent acne in summer:
* Wash your face only once or twice a day with lukewarm water, a mild cleanser, and gentle motion — no scrubbing or harsh abrasive products needed. Make sure one of those times you’re washing your face is in the evening, to remove make-up and dirt
* Do not squeeze your pimples. This usually leads to further inflammation, which makes the acne look worse and last longer. Also, this will leave a bad pigmented scar.
* Avoid processed foods, generally high in saturated fats and transfats. It can lead to an increase in sebum production triggering acne.
* Also avoid oily foods like chips, French fries, pakodas, and aloo tikkis which taste good but contain saturated oils that increase cholesterol in the body, which leads to poor blood circulation and can worsen your acne.
* Fibre plays an important role in getting rid of body toxins. Eat cereals and fibre rich food and fruits such as blueberries and grapefruit to detoxify your body and clear your skin.
* Include Vitamin A in your diet as it is a good source of carotenoids. Carrots, papaya, spinach, and tomato juice are a rich source of it.
* Stop use of foundation for a week. It can clear up acne breakouts, and stop rashes caused by irritating ingredients.
* Do not use make-up on acne skin, and if needed use non-comedogenic and non-irritating products.
* Don’t cover your face with layers of concealer. Instead, use complementary colours to blend in the blemishes.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more