10 ways you can add glamour and pizzazz to the classic blue jeans-white shirt look
Here’s how to experiment with the tried-and -tested blue jeans and white shirt combination this summer.fashion and trends Updated: Mar 04, 2018 10:02 IST
The blue jeans and white shirt combination is classic as both smart and casual wear. Experiment and find ways to have fun while styling the outfit, say experts.
* Formal dress shirts with bi-stretch, clean dark denim, burgundy leather belt and brogues along with a dark blazer makes for a great business casual ensemble. Add a slim dark-coloured tie or a tweed waistcoat to power up the smart look. Cutaway collars look modern, but regular or small collars are a sharp look too.
* Washed button-down collar shirts can be worn untucked with rolled sleeves for an easy summer look or tucked in under a loose knit cardigan, braided belt, wayfarers and tan loafers or boat shoes to complete the look.
* Mandarin collar shirts paired with blue denims and chukka boots or dark denims with a lightweight blazer and Chelsea Boots is an elegant modern casual outfit.
* For a work look, men can pick dark denim with a white shirt and tan brogues. Women can opt for skinny dark jeans with a white shirt and formal pumps for work.
* The same white shirt and dark denim can transform into a date night look if you throw a smart jacket on. Adding a statement neck-piece on the white shirt and skinny dark jeans will add sparkles to a woman’s date night look.
* Styling your textured white shirt with mild distressed denim, a black leather jacket and a pair of white kicks can take you from street to club. Throw a bowler hat on for that swag.
* A light blue pair of slim fit jeans, white mandarin collar missing dents cotton shirt or a linen shirt in white and boat shoes in tan or red moccasins is all you need for your Sunday brunch. Throw on some shades preferably a pair of vintage aviators. Wide leg jeans for women worn with a crop white shirt and a bandana printed neckerchief will ace the look.
* On a casual day out, go for skinny blue jeans and a casual cotton white shirt. Finish it off with a pair of head-turning heels.
* For a romantic look, you can wear white retro style lightweight blouse in an oversized shape and pair it with blue regular fit denim. Also, you can tie a scarf as a belt round your waist to make it look more fashionable.
* Pair smocked blouse (smocking on the shoulders and cuffs) for trendy detail with light blue wash denim for a perfect weekend brunch look.
– Inputs from Saikat Mitra, creative director at Van Heusen, Nagesh C, senior vice president design and VM, Pantaloons and Ruyant Matthieu, head of design and offering at Promod.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Mar 04, 2018 10:02 IST