8 Veere Di Wedding lehengas perfect for brides who want to look different
With wedding season a couple of months away, it seems like the perfect time to peruse some of Veere Di Wedding’s most beautiful festive ensembles. On June 1, the film hit the big screen and we’ve been watching the sartorial choices of its four leading ladies — Kareena Kapoor Khan, Sonam Kapoor Ahuja, Swara Bhaskar and Shikha Talsania — with a very keen eye. Both on — and off — the screen.
While the choice to buy a wedding lehenga can be extremely stressful and mind-bogglingly baffling, Kalindi Puri aka Kareena, gave brides-to-be plenty of fresh ideas and the inspiration to change things up a bit on their big day. Kareena wore a luscious vintage mermaid-style lehenga by designers Abu Jani and Sandip Khosala for her reel wedding in Veere Di Wedding.
Sure Kareena set some pretty aspirational #weddingfashiongoals with her sexy and exotic bridal lehenga. But we can’t help but notice that in Veere Di Wedding, producer and stylist Rhea Kapoor made sure that the clothes played almost as big a role as Kareena, Sonam, Swara and Shikha. And you’ll be happy to know that Rhea has been rounding up everything the actors wore in the film on Instagram.
Are you a bride with a soft spot for vintage or one to gravitate towards hyper-glam lehengas with a bohemian edge or flamboyant, embellished silhouettes? Or a wedding guest with killer style and one who dreams of wearing something that feels quite princess-y? There’s not only an ensemble for every festive occasion in the following Veere Di Wedding looks shared by Rhea, but also outfits for when you’re looking to outshine everyone around you. See for yourself:
“The modern bride. That tightrope between traditions and living in the moment. Kalindi makes the moment her own.,” Rhea wrote on Instagram on Sunday.
On Kareena: Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla vintage lehenga paired with a customised blouse with custom Birdichand pearl necklace and haathphool. Her jewellery is from Birdhichand Ghanshyamdas, Eina Ahluwalia and Gehna Jewellers.
“I want my fairytale on my own terms. The final wedding. Pastels and imperfections and promises we intend to keep.”
On Sonam: Lehenga by Abu Jani and Sandip Khosal and earrings and maang tikka from Sunita Shekhawat.
“The butterfly effect with @reallyswara #sakshislays in a custom butterfly adorned jacket with a bad ass crop top and trousers to walk her Veere fown the aisle. @shikhatalsania looks like sexy cassata. 💖 The dream wedding sets by @ranipinklove,” Rhea psoted.
On Shikha: Outfit by Abu Jani and Sandip Khosal and earrings from Hazoorilal.
On Swara: Outfit by Abu Jani and Sandip Khosal and earrings from Hazoorilal.
“Fairy princess. One of my favourite moments in the film. Where fashion meets costume design and one girls dream is another’s nightmare,” Rhea wrote.
On Kareena: Outfit by Abu Jani and Sandip Khosal, tiara from Hazoorilal and Diacolor earrings.
On Sonam: Abu Jani and Sandip Khosal, Birdhichand Ghanshyamdas and The Pink Potli.
“Are you ready? Let’s do a Veere style break down? This is my first film where I styled the primary cast myself and it was an exhilarating, overwhelming and amazing experience. I was blessed to collaborate with the geniuses @abujanisandeepkhosla to create the perfect looks for the Indian girl of 2018. Seen here my fashion spirit animal #SakshiSoni #sakshislays #VeereDiWedding,” Rhea wrote.
On Swara: Abu Jani and Sandip Khosal, Mirari and Diacolor.
On Shikha: Abu Jani and Sandip Khosal, Raabta by Rahul and The Pink Potli.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Priyanka Chopra recently showed how to slay a formal look with a Work From Home twist in a beautiful blue shirt worth ₹17k.
- For a recent shoot, Mira Rajput donned a beautiful yellow sundress that was adorned with intricate floral print. The fashionista looked absolutely breathtaking in the dress and we are bookmarking it.
- One of Priyanka Chopra's Work From Home looks garnered more attention than the rest. Her fans loved her dark copper coloured formal blouse which she accessorised with statement gold jewellery.
- For a recent photoshoot, Alaya F donned a gorgeous abstract print co-ord set and looked absolutely breathtaking in it. The actor added her own touch to the outfit by the way she styled it, we are taking notes.
- Silver kaliras and an off-white lehenga is what fashion designer Natasha Dalal opted to wear on her wedding day. The groom Varun Dhawan also twinned with his childhood sweetheart and wore a sherwani in the same colour. The couple of the hour looked like royalty on their special day.
- Watch: Sonam Kapoor Ahuja spills the beans on her 3 favourite hair care products for the times she wants to be 'romantic' or when she opts to be 'less fancy' in this ‘Vanity Vignettes’ video
- Hina Khan recently shared a video in which the actor gave extremely useful tips for improving the hair health especially during winter season. Get ready with your notepads and pen.
- After a short hiatus from social media, Bella Hadid made a return and penned a heartfelt note about mental health. "I am only here to be an instrument of peace and love," it read.