Bhumi Pednekar, Parineeti Chopra, Urvashi Rautela: Worst-dressed female celebrities of Bollywood in 2019
In recent times, Bollywood celebrities have come even more under the radar than before, thanks to social media and paparazzi culture making it’s way to India. And now celebrities are under more scrutiny and surveillance than ever before. Since celebrities are always being photographed, whether they’re going for an award show or even just the salon, they try their best to always look on fleek.
This is most definitely the reason why gym looks, casual looks and airport looks of celebrities have become so hyped. It may surprise some of you to know that some celebrities even get their gym and airport looks professionally curated by their stylists. And while all the efforts put in by celebrities are usually fruitful, sometimes celebrities and/or their stylists either try too hard or too little, and fail to impress. Here are the celebrities who couldn’t make it out from the bottom of the fashion barrel.
Urvashi Rautela has had quite a year with her songs, dance performances and back-to-back movie releases, and it seems she’s made some great choices, unfortunately, the same can’t be said about her fashion choices. The Pagalpanti actor has time and again worn seriously unflattering clothes that the fashion police couldn’t help but call out. In fact, during a show when Neha Dhupia asked Taapsee Pannu who needs a new stylist in Bollywood, Taapsee answered in a heartbeat, “Urvashi Rautela. I think she has got a great body, I would love to see better clothes (on her) and not just the kind that only show the body.” We agree Taapsee.
ALSO WATCH | #HTLS2019: Kareena Kapoor Khan on Taimur’s ‘stardom’; career after marriage
Bhumi has delivered some power-packed performances this year including Saand Ki Aankh and Bala, and while the actor is a total stunner and has been experimenting a lot with her style, somehow all the looks seem very played out and repetitive. And the choice of clothes seems very haywire, at times we see her in the exact same saree (Manish Malhotra sequin number) but in a different colour, and at times we see her in an ill-fitted mini. Hopefully, Bhumi will find her style in 2020.
Parineeti somehow always looks the same, whether she’s in jeans or in a couture gown, yeah we see the smokey eye and hairdo, but there is no stark difference. More defined looks, better make-up and outfits that are better suited to her personality will help for sure.
Nushrat Bharucha is an incredibly talented actor, but we truly wish the Soni ki Titu ki Sweety actor would revamp her wardrobe, stylist and all. From the most-un-Manish Malhotra-like maroon lehenga choli, to the most unflattering cutout dress, she’s worn all the big fashion no-nos.
Shraddha’s style has evolved tremendously over the past year, and while we are glad she is headed in the right direction, she wore quite a few sartorial disasters that couldn’t be ignored and landed her here.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- For a promotional event of her upcoming film, Roohi, Janhvi Kapoor opted to wear a gorgeous floor-sweeping black dress and looked absolutely fantastic.
- Malaika Arora and Arjun Kapoor recently visited Kareena Kapoor Khan to meet the new baby. Malaika looked absolutely stunning in her pinstripe midi dress and matching accessories.
- Bipasha Basu’s sizzling looks from Maldives, set vacation vibes soaring high be it in a tangerine or floral print georgette kaftan by Varun Bahl and we can’t wait to let these contemporary styles jazz up our summer wardrobe without burning a hole in our pockets
- The 78th annual Golden Globe Awards 2021 was held on February 28. While most of the celebrities attended the show from the comforts of their home, some made it to the red carpet and flaunted their gorgeous sartorial picks. Some, however, did not make it to the best dressed list.
- As the Globes split hosts, with Amy Poehler at the Beverly Hilton and Tina Fey at the Rainbow Room in New York. There was nary a pair of sweats in sight.
- After returning from the Maldives, Shilpa Shetty stepped out for lunch with her family at her restaurant and opted to wear a co-ord set that was comfy and chic at the same time.
- For a day outing, Rakul Preet opted to wear a beautiful lemon yellow mini dress with a crop denim jacket. The actor imparted summer vibes with her ensemble and we are inspired.
- Mouni Roy is the new millennial trendsetter and these pictures of her in cool and fast fashion of tie and dye loungewear are proof
- Malaika Arora recently took to Instagram to wish her fans a happy Sunday as the actor enjoyed a lazy day at home wearing a sports bra and sweat pants.