Flashy final: Tahiliani displays stunning designs in Cairo at India by the Nile 2018
Over twenty designs by Indian fashion designer Tarun Tahiliani were displayed in Cairo on Saturday night as the curtain came down on the sixth edition of the mega cultural festival India by the Nile 2018.
During the event, which was held in the India House and attend by a number of distinguished guests, India’s Ambassador to Egypt Sanjay Bhattacharyya recalled the cultural events that took place during the past two weeks as part of the festival; including the concerts by Sarod player Amjad Ali Khan, dancing performance by Malvika Sarukkai, Sufi music band Kabir Cafe, Bollywood dance workshops and other events.
“Tonight we come to the close of India by Nile 2018. And we recall the amazing and magical performance over the last two weeks,” the Ambassador said in his speech. During the event, Teamworks Art’s head Sonjoy Roy said that India by the Nile showed the variety of Indian culture through different events.
“Six years is been quite a journey. When we first came to Egypt we didn’t know what we expect. But what we found is love and warm, shared culture and shared traditions,” Roy said.
“I keep saying to all my friends in America, Australia or Hong Kong that if one thing that you could do on your list it is to go to Egypt to understand the very beginning of civilization,” he added.
Before the start of the fashion show, the Ambassador’s spouse, Ranu Bhattacharyya, who wore a stunning sari by Tahiliani, talked about Indian textiles.
Tahiliani, who arrived in Cairo on Saturday, is going to spend a week in studying the country.
“One of the reasons that I was interested to come here was that our next spring collection will be called Egypt. So I’m here to collect ideas. I’m going to visit Luxor and Aswan then I’ll be alone sketching,” he told PTI.
The designer gave a modern twist to the sari in the collection he displayed here.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- One of Priyanka Chopra's Work From Home looks garnered more attention than the rest. Her fans loved her dark copper coloured formal blouse which she accessorised with statement gold jewellery.
- For a recent photoshoot, Alaya F donned a gorgeous abstract print co-ord set and looked absolutely breathtaking in it. The actor added her own touch to the outfit by the way she styled it, we are taking notes.
- Silver kaliras and an off-white lehenga is what fashion designer Natasha Dalal opted to wear on her wedding day. The groom Varun Dhawan also twinned with his childhood sweetheart and wore a sherwani in the same colour. The couple of the hour looked like royalty on their special day.
- Watch: Sonam Kapoor Ahuja spills the beans on her 3 favourite hair care products for the times she wants to be 'romantic' or when she opts to be 'less fancy' in this ‘Vanity Vignettes’ video
- Hina Khan recently shared a video in which the actor gave extremely useful tips for improving the hair health especially during winter season. Get ready with your notepads and pen.
- After a short hiatus from social media, Bella Hadid made a return and penned a heartfelt note about mental health. "I am only here to be an instrument of peace and love," it read.
- For her recent outing in Dubai, Nora Fatehi opted to wear a stunning black velvet full-sleeved dress that also featured a thigh-high slit. The actor's gown is the epitome of modern luxury.
- From nerdy minimalist look to contemporary chic, The Girl on The Train actor Kirti Kulhari serves a slew of fashionable styles that are a must-have for this year's Spring-Summer wardrobe
- The fashionista and fitness freak Sara Ali Khan has been sharing some picturesque views from the Maldives and serving us with bookmark-worthy holiday fashion. Her latest pictures in a sustainable monokini are no different.
- From sunshiny suit that leaves one day dreaming to silk maxi dress that looks perfect for hot summer evenings, Priyanka Chopra Jonas has been raising the sartorial bar in her own sizzling style during the promotions of The White Tiger and the fashionista in us is inspired
- Looking for an impactful yet comfortable occasion wear? Check out Kajol’s luxe boho look in Netflix release Tribhanga, donning a multicoloured chiffon cape with sleeves, to channel the modern global woman vibe while staying true to the heritage