Frizzy hair? Sticky hair? Get your nagging mane problems out of way this summer
Eat well, keep yourself hydrated, cover up and condition to keep your hair and skin shining and healthy through the soaring temperatures, say experts.fashion and trends Updated: May 16, 2017 12:59 IST
Experts at Advanced Hair Studio and Manisha Chopra, senior consultant, Dermatology, Fortis La Femme, have listed a few tips to keep your hair looking healthy and shining this season.
* Cover them up: Cover up your head with a scarf when you are stepping out of the house. It will save you from damaging your hair from the dust and pollution outside .
* Don’t wash too much: We tend to wash our hair frequently, especially during summer as the scalp becomes greasy and itchy. But be careful not to do it too much since it can lead to dryness of the scalp and your hair may lose its natural oils and moisture.
* Air dry: During summer, avoid using hair dryers or styling products since the weather anyway adds to the fuzziness and dryness of your hair. Let your hair dry naturally in order to have healthy, shiny hair.
* Eat right and stay hydrated: Eating right works well not just for a healthy body and mind but also for our hair especially in summer. Eat fruits and vegetables with high water and fibre such as melons, carrots and spinach. Drink plenty of water to keep them hydrated as well as shiny from root to tip.
* Use a moisturising shampoo during summer to prevent hair from drying, and don’t forget to use a conditioner.
* If you colour your hair, don’t do it too often as it damages the hair.
* Don’t leave oil in hair for too long as it can give rise to folliculitis or hair root infections.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: May 16, 2017 12:58 IST