Going on a date? Here are some styling tips for the special evening
When it comes to a first date, you not only want to make a great impression, but also feel great yourself. Loving the ensemble you are wearing is an important part of that.fashion and trends Updated: Aug 15, 2017 09:59 IST
First dates, or the first few, are both exciting and daunting, but possibly a little more of the latter beforehand. Every girl knows the struggle that goes in to finding the perfect outfit, the perfect shoes to go with the outfit, the perfect handbag to go with the outfit and the shoes, the perfect perfume...the list is endless, really.
When it comes to a first date, you not only want to make a great impression but also feel great yourself, and an important part of that is the ensemble you’re wearing. Samiksha Bajaj, co-founder of Samshek and Archana Dhankar, fashion stylist share some amazing tips on how to look great on your date night.
1) Customise your dress according to your body type and style: Make sure you try on a few options and customise your dress to see for yourself which one type suits your body type.
2) Plan your dress a few days before: Always plan what to wear a week before and try out your chosen garment ahead of the special occasion such that you can be confident in the knowledge that not only will you be stepping out in style, but also, feeling great and looking great.
3) Make a statement: Making an amazing first impression is tricky but it is possible if you dress well. Pick out your few top most favourite outfits. Go for that trusted dress which flatters your body.
4) Focus on one asset: If you have great legs then go for a skirt or a short dress: if you love your arms then go for a strapless top. Don’t mix and match too many styles and designs.
5) Dress appropriately for the occasion: if it’s a casual date then don’t wear a jazzy dress; if it’s at a club then don’t wear a jumper and shorts; for a romantic date, you can opt for a ruffled sleeve top with distressed denims and heels. For a wine and dine date, sport a glam top with a pleated skirt and strappy sandals. If you’re feeling a bit adventurous then pair printed pants with ankle length boots and a sheer black top.
In the end wear something you feel comfortable in. If you end up wearing a really low neck outfit and aren’t confident enough to carry it off then you won’t be able to have fun on your date. You would always be worrying about your outfit.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more.
First Published: Aug 15, 2017 09:57 IST