It's winter already for B'town
The stars may be attempting a formal look, but experts say wearing winter clothes in summer is a clear faux pas. "It’s funny to see people wearing leather in such hot weather, specially Bollywood stars. It’s absolutely inappropriate," says designer Rina Dhaka. According to designer Payal Jain, this is a clear indication that stars think that there is no connection between fashion and climate. "Mumbai is hot and sticky now, how can anyone attempt a polo neck," she says.
This style slip seems to have become a done thing in Bollywood. In April, HT City spotted actor Sushmita Sen wearing mufflers and coats in the sweltering heat of Mumbai. "It’s a major faux pas to wear a trend, forgetting the seasonal sensibilities," says designer Troy Costa. "This is not a season for blazers. Probably these celebs travel a lot, and just wear whatever is in vogue abroad," says stylist Shaheen Mehra pointing out that it is currently Fall season in Hollywood.
However, there are those who feel that in some cases, the bizarre clothing choice has more to do with promotional activities. "If a movie is showing a winter look, then celebs sport the look irrespective of the weather during public outings," explains designer Surily Goel.
Wore a blazer and polo neck on August 25 in Mumbai.
Average temperature of the day: 30 degrees celsius
Wore a winter cap and jacket for a TV show on September 24.
Average temperature of the day: 33 degrees celsius
Wore a leather jacket for Shabana Azmi’s party on September 20.
Average temperature of the day: 32 degrees celsius
Hollywood stars seem confused about the weather too. While Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes have taken to wearing winter clothes — their four-year-old daughter Suri is often spotted wearing summer frocks, regardless of the weather.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- ‘Ready Shetty Go’: Shilpa Shetty Kundra dolls up in a handcrafted red and white Bandhani shirt and skirt on Women’s Day 2021 to shoot for another episode of Super Dancer Chapter 4 and fans can’t stop swooning over her outfit of the day
- Janhvi Kapoor and Kriti Sanon were spotted during their casual day outs in Mumbai. Both the actors opted to wear similar outfits which included a basic top teamed with a pair of distressed denims. That is not all, they even went for similar accessories and were seen wearing black footwear and carrying tote bags. We are a fan of this casual look as well. What about you?
- Shraddha Kapoor shared pictures of herself looking like a dream in a gorgeous golden and blue lehenga choli set at the wedding ceremony of her cousin Priyaank Sharma with Shaza Morani. However, the stunning outfit was made by a brand that has been co-founded by her masi Padmini Kohlapure.
- Singham star Kajal Aggarwal makes jaws drop in awe as she remains at the top of her fashion game in a wine discharge print organza saree while looking forward to a grand release of Mosagallu and one of her highly anticipated movies of Tollywood, Acharya
- Priyanka Chopra recently shared an image of herself wearing a beautiful turtle-neck sweater. The special thing about it was that the jumper was knitted by the actor's mom, Madhu Chopra while she was staying in London.
- Want to make the traffic stop and bae go weak in the knees on your next date night? Take fashion cues from Parineeti Chopra’s latest smoking hot look for Marathi Filmfare Awards 2021’s red carpet, in a backless sequinned midi dress, which has set the mercury soaring like never before
- Athleisure has made its way into our wardrobes and it is here to stay. Celebrities also love a good lounge wear set which they can wear at home and also run last minute errands in. However, Disha Patani and Kiara Advani are giving athleisure a summer twist with bright and bold colours and we love it.
- Mouni Roy recently shared images from a new photo shoot wearing a gorgeous bright red kurta, ijaar pants and bandhani dupatta. She looked like a dreamy dulhan in the images. All the brides-to-be take note.
- Model and celebrity chef Chrissy Teigen made her desi fans extremely happy as she danced to the Varun Dhawan and Parineeti Chopra starrer Bollywood song Jaaneman Aah from the film Dishoom.
- Nora Fatehi has a collection of dresses that ranges from minis to everything you can think of. The fashionista, who is often snapped in a beautiful attire, loves a good dress and we always end up taking inspiration from her sartorial picks.
- The high-end fashion house Dolce&Gabbana had filed a defamation suit against an Instagram account in the Italian court in 2019 and are seeking USD 600 million in damages.