Janhvi Kapoor stuns in crop top, butterfly lehenga at IFFA. Get her look
Crop tops first infiltrated fashion in a big way a few years ago and haven’t left since. After becoming the bread-and-butter of a variety of fashion labels, the belly-baring style have been spotted on everyone, including fashionable celebrities, such as, actors Priyanka Chopra and Katrina Kaif, among many others, whether at the airport on on the red carpet. On Thursday, actor Janhvi Kapoor attended a session at the ongoing International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Goa wearing a two-piece ensemble that was utterly unique.
Janhvi seems to knock every fashion risk she takes out of the park and her Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla outfit -- which entailed a sky blue lehenga skirt and a frilly white crop top -- proved that daring to be different definitely doesn’t have to be tacky. The dramatic ruffle details made sleeves the focal points of Janhvi’s flirty blouse, providing edge and interest to the overall look.
Janhvi’s voluminous high-waisted skirt featured glittery embroidered butterflies and blooms and took the look in the boho-chic direction. Fewer embellishments don’t necessarily mean fewer details; what Janhvi’s romantic, feminine skirt lacks in ornamentation it makes up for in structure. To make her look day-appropriate, Janhvi finished off her ensemble with simple gold and pearl earrings from Jaipur Gems. Pulling the hair in a high ponytail highlighted Janhvi’s incredible bone structure, while injecting a fun, youthful element into her style.
Janhvi’s OOTD got us thinking: A crop top and lehenga skirt with beautiful beading and embroidery are tasteful and stylish enough for a wedding. No doubt this statement-making silhouette is for a specific type of woman — daring and modern come to mind. But also women on a budget may want to consider, since purchasing a crop top and an embellished skirt may be more affordable than a traditional lehenga set. For the most flattering fit, pair a voluminous high-waisted skirt with a crop top that reveals just a sliver of skin right above the naval and features statement sleeves.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Looking for a picnic date outfit to make a statement? Hina Khan is giving some inspiration in her white sheer lace dress. The actor, known for her impeccable sartorial sense, recently shared stunning images of herself and we are speechless.
- Janhvi Kapoor has made a name for herself as a fashionista. Time and again, the actor wears an outfit and inspires us to upgrade our wardrobe. This time, she is teaching us the correct way to do layering during winter season.
- Nora Fatehi again made headlines as she stepped out wearing a gorgeous beige kaftan dress. The dancer gave elegance a new meaning with her regal outfit.
- For the online promotions of The White Tiger, Priyanka Chopra donned the perfect Work From Home attire. The actor also opted to do her own makeup and we can totally relate.
- Kareena Kapoor Khan has changed the game for kaftan and made the humble outfit one of the most on-trend pieces of clothing.
- Summer, is that you? Tandav star Gauahar Khan sets us daydreaming of warm sunshiny months as she flaunts a flowy silhouette and luxe breezy look at hubby Zaid Darbar’s Atrangz launch in a sheer boho-chic yellow dress by Meadow
- Looking to dip your toes in trend without wanting to make a big investment? Check out Karisma Kapoor's maximalist but pocket-friendly look in a purple floral collared dress from H&M, during her recent night out with Malaika Arora, Amrita Arora, Mallika Bhat and Kareena Kapoor Khan