Sara Ali Khan and the choice of elegant style over hollow snobbery
What does Sara Ali Khan have that her other contemporaries don’t? We are not talking about genetically blessed looks, royal legacy, access to high profile designers, star parents and a string of advantages that a star kid claims. She is undoubtedly gorgeous and her elegant demeanour speaks of her royal lineage but the most significant trait that puts her above the rest is her free-spirited self that we all got to see on talk shows, interviews and events. The humble star is finally here who is not categorised and claimed under a certain cinematic genre, a style signature and a predicted career graph. Sara is as real as it gets and she exudes newness, untamed charm and she seems like one of us.
An alumnus of Columbia University Sara Ali Khan reminds us of the unmatched confidence and fierceness that her mother Amrita Singh possessed when she entered the film industry. In terms of style, Sara is versatile and she is open to all kinds of fashion experiments. From sporting print on pattern to mini dresses, jumpsuits to retro metallics, traditional silhouettes to graphic prints, the starlet is not ready to be claimed by one particular signature. There is a sense of individuality and youthful exuberance to her persona and the sense of originality and grace she wears is the ultimate guide to stand out anywhere and everywhere.
She is the face of the modern millennial who is uninhibited by realities of life and she has no qualms about being who she is and the chip on the shoulder hasn’t appeared so far. Her signature seems to the perfect balance of classic and contemporary and she is not trying to be someone. She is being herself, sorted and open to challenges and unknown possibilities. We also saw a comeback of certain patterns on Sara like the dhoti pants, billowy sleeves, busy prints and easy hairdos. The make-up has been natural and non-pretentious and that smile goes a long way. Her style statement doesn’t seem to be guided by a particular school of thought and she is innovative unlike the new bunch of actresses who have lost to persuasive demands of image building and glamour Nazis. The comfort, the fearless responses, unguarded body language adds up to her contented presence on and off the screen.
There is a certain sense of exclusivity that Sara brings on the table and we would like to see more of her, listen to her evolving sense of films, relationships, style, sense of being and how to be humble and survive the magnitude and impulsiveness of celluloid.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Athleisure has made its way into our wardrobes and it is here to stay. Celebrities also love a good lounge wear set which they can wear at home and also run last minute errands in. However, Disha Patani and Kiara Advani are giving athleisure a summer twist with bright and bold colours and we love it.
- Mouni Roy recently shared images from a new photo shoot wearing a gorgeous bright red kurta, ijaar pants and bandhani dupatta. She looked like a dreamy dulhan in the images. All the brides-to-be take note.
- Model and celebrity chef Chrissy Teigen made her desi fans extremely happy as she danced to the Varun Dhawan and Parineeti Chopra starrer Bollywood song Jaaneman Aah from the film Dishoom.
- Nora Fatehi has a collection of dresses that ranges from minis to everything you can think of. The fashionista, who is often snapped in a beautiful attire, loves a good dress and we always end up taking inspiration from her sartorial picks.
- The high-end fashion house Dolce&Gabbana had filed a defamation suit against an Instagram account in the Italian court in 2019 and are seeking USD 600 million in damages.
- Kangana Ranaut looked radiant in a pink anarkali kurta with full, churidar sleeves, a white churidar and a self printed white dupatta. The Queen actor's look is perfect for the blazing heat of Mumbai.
- Janhvi Kapoor turned 24 today and in order to celebrate the day, we are taking a trip down memory lane and checking out the times she looked marvellous in ethnic attires.
- Allu Arjun is celebrating his 10 year wedding anniversary with wife Sneha Reddy. The fashion icon can carry every style with the utmost comfort and these pictures are proof.
- Sohail Khan's son, Nirvan Khan attended Ibrahim Ali Khan's birthday bash wearing Salman Khan's denim jacket. The piece or art jacket is worth ₹1.2 lakh.