Deepika Padukone, Kareena Kapoor rock same party dress, but totally different looks. See pics
Deepika Padukone made a statement in a beautiful sparkly dress by Atelier Zuhra in a new cover shoot for Filmfare magazine’s January 2019 issue. Deepika’s fitted dress decorated with mosaic crystal embellishments is fun and flirty without being too over-the-top. Deepika Padukone let her striking dress do the talking by keeping her accessories to a minimum, apart from her bold eye make-up. Deepika’s sultry statement eyes blend together silver, grey and mauve tones and gave her dress an elevated touch. Interestingly, actor Kareena Kapoor wore a silver version of Deepika Padukone’s festive dress in November for the Social Media Summit and Awards 2018. Kareena’s spectacular design screamed maximalist glamour and like Deepika’s shimmering dress featured Atelier Zuhra’s signature shattered mosaic crystal mirrors — inspired by Barcelona’s Gaudí architecture.
Celebrities wearing sparkly dresses are nothing new. In fact, they’re pretty much a red carpet staple. However, Deepika Padukone and Kareena Kapoor’s looks show shiny dresses in a new light. They’re flirtier and edgier, and a far cry from the floor-length red carpet glamour that we’re normally used to. Kareena and Deepika’s dresses offer a minimalist vibe thanks to their high-neck design. As with any shiny dress, jewellery and accessories are best kept to a minimum; while Kareena paired her knee-length design with matching metallic heels from Aldo and some subtle diamond jewellery, on Deepika you can spot only a bright jacket for contrast. While Kareena’s silver accessories anchor the outfit, the neon-streaked jacket from Scooter LaForge definitely gave Deepika’s look that X-factor.
If your a little preoccupied with nailing down your New Year’s look, add shimmer to your look by taking a cue from Deepika Padukone and Kareena Kapoor’s party-ready dresses. Even if you think sequins and sparkles aren’t for you, these glittering outfits will prove you wrong. If you’re afraid of looking too festive, toughen up an elegant sequin dress like Deepika: Pair a tailored pieces — a contrasting jacket — with just one sparkly item — a midi-length or shot dress. Or make like Kareena and hit a swanky bar or the dance floor with a silver stunner: Keep the metallic theme going with matching heels and one sparkly jewellery piece.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- For a photo shoot, Vidya Balan wore a purple pinstripe dress with a mauve jacket and opted to go sans-accessories. The Kahaani actor taught us how to channel a fierce vibe with our glam in new pics.
- Shanaya Kapoor shared images from her impromptu at-home photo shoot with fans on Instagram. The photo shoot was a family affair, as Arjun Kapoor turned stylist and Khushi Kapoor edited the images and delivered the final product.
- Say goodbye to your winter clothes cause it's time to slay in some gorgeous floral print mini skirts and tops like Hina Khan. The actor recently shared images of herself wearing a summery co-ord set and we love it.
- Leaving fans hooked with her saree chronicles, Janhvi Kapoor serves another sensuous look from Manish Malhotra’s collection in an ivory-coloured six yards of elegance as she promotes her upcoming film ‘Roohi’ on Day 4
- Vidya Balan recently dolled up for an e-interview and we love everything about retro-chic vibe. From her dove grey asymmetric kurta to smart narrow pants, we can’t wait to recreate the delightful silhouette as we walk into spring-summer
- Want to set mercury soaring when going for lunch or an evening out? Take fashion cues from Aditi Rao Hydari’s romantic steamy look for The Girl on The Train promotions in a pink strappy twisted bustier teamed with wide-leg pants that look flirty enough to add drama to our summer closet
- Kriti Sanon recently gave us outfit goals as she stepped out in a bodycon denim romper with white accessories for casual outing. We can't help but marvel at the choices of the fashionista.
- For her much anticipated interview with the media mogul, Oprah Winfrey, Meghan Markle wore a black silk dress and showed that she knows how to do maternity fashion right.
- Janhvi Kapoor recently stepped out in an ethereal flowy dress for a promotional event of her upcoming film Roohi. The dress that is worth ₹22k is one of our favourite looks donned by the actor.