Sara Ali Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Isha Ambani: Top 7 muses to designer duo Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla and an ode to monumental dressing
Designer duo Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla, the masters of couture and one of the significant Indian design houses have played an important role in highlighting the glory of Indian embroidery art and techniques on a global scale. Their architectural monumental silhouettes backed with modern influences is an ode to design and the craft of fashion. In their illustrious three-decades in the fashion industry, the designer duo has been on the top when it comes to dressing up iconic Bollywood beauties who have not only charmed us with their onscreen personas but have paved the way for styles offscreen as well.
Sara Ali Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Isha Ambani, Sonam Kapoor, Janhvi Kapoor, Ananya Panday, Deepika Padukone, Alia Bhatt Malaika Arora, and Kareena Kapoor Khan among others have been a muse to the designers and we have seen some of the most opulent ensembles that represent the magnificence of fashion and tradition.
The design label has reinvented techniques and crafts like chikankari, zardozi, glasswork and over the years have brought back the timeless classic elegance in the contemporary space. Bridal wear has represented the idea of Indian fashion to the West for a long time and Jani and Khosla have a huge part to play in showcasing the richness of textile as well as time-honoured craft traditions over the years across generations.
As the idea of celebrity styling reached its peak in the last couple of years due to the demanded representation on social media, we have witnessed some of the most regal and traditional garments courtesy the talented designer duo.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Athleisure has made its way into our wardrobes and it is here to stay. Celebrities also love a good lounge wear set which they can wear at home and also run last minute errands in. However, Disha Patani and Kiara Advani are giving athleisure a summer twist with bright and bold colours and we love it.
- Mouni Roy recently shared images from a new photo shoot wearing a gorgeous bright red kurta, ijaar pants and bandhani dupatta. She looked like a dreamy dulhan in the images. All the brides-to-be take note.
- Nora Fatehi has a collection of dresses that ranges from minis to everything you can think of. The fashionista, who is often snapped in a beautiful attire, loves a good dress and we always end up taking inspiration from her sartorial picks.
- The high-end fashion house Dolce&Gabbana had filed a defamation suit against an Instagram account in the Italian court in 2019 and are seeking USD 600 million in damages.
- Kangana Ranaut looked radiant in a pink anarkali kurta with full, churidar sleeves, a white churidar and a self printed white dupatta. The Queen actor's look is perfect for the blazing heat of Mumbai.
- Janhvi Kapoor turned 24 today and in order to celebrate the day, we are taking a trip down memory lane and checking out the times she looked marvellous in ethnic attires.
- Allu Arjun is celebrating his 10 year wedding anniversary with wife Sneha Reddy. The fashion icon can carry every style with the utmost comfort and these pictures are proof.
- Sohail Khan's son, Nirvan Khan attended Ibrahim Ali Khan's birthday bash wearing Salman Khan's denim jacket. The piece or art jacket is worth ₹1.2 lakh.