4 easy, practical exercises to boost your productivity at work
Various studies have proved that exercises can boost workplace productivity. The fitter you are, the more fruitful you become in office.
However, many a times, it’s not possible to do your regular workout because of long office hours. So what’s the next best option? Some quick and simple (and secret) exercises in office can keep you in good spirits every day.
It is important that you schedule these mini workouts during office hours (you can write it down or use a timer) so that you don’t forget to do them in the hustle and the bustle of the day.
We spoke to Shruti Bangera, senior SME- Physiotherapy, Portea Medical, Delhi, who told us to follow these four exercises at work for boosting productivity.
Seated leg raiser
When pay raises are nowhere to be seen, consider the leg raise. (Bonus: they’re hardly noticeable underneath the desk!)
1. While seated, straighten one or both legs and hold in place for five or more seconds.
2. Lower the leg(s) back to the ground without letting the feet touch the floor.
3. Repeat (alternating legs if raising them separately) 15 times.
Benefits: Your core muscles are strengthened and it helps reduce back pain.
Silent seat squeeze
Believe it or not, some desk exercises can be kept under wraps, and this isometric glutes exercise is one of them.
1. To start toning, simply squeeze the buttocks, hold for 5-10 seconds, and release.
2. Repeat until the agenda wraps up or the glutes tire.
Benefits: This exercise helps in strengthening the glutes.
Fab abs squeeze
Another silent desk exercise, this one can be covertly executed when walking down the hall or when seated during a call.
1. Simply take a deep breath and tighten the abdominal muscles, bringing them in towards the spine as you exhale.
2. Stay squeezed for 5-10 seconds and release.
3. Do 12-15 reps.
Benefits: This exercise not only helps in strengthening your abs but also works on the sides of your stomach.
The shoulder shrug is an easy and useful exercise to squeeze into your work schedule.
1. Raise both shoulders up toward the ears, hold for 5 seconds, and then relax.
2. Do 15 reps.
3. Try advanced shoulder shrugs while standing and holding a paper ream in each hand.
Benefits: This exercise helps in strengthening your shoulder muscles and reduces any pain that comes due to constantly working on the laptop.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more