Coconut water is good for your overall health, 5 benefits you need to know about
Coconut water is good for weight loss as well as for your digestion, kidney function and diabetes diet.
Coconut water is not just a great refresher, it is also loaded with many vital nutrients. It has become the go-to energy drink for fitness lovers as well as it is believed to help in weight loss. Apart from that, it also has several benefits for your kidneys, metabolic functioning, and are also a low-sugar drink.
Here are some of the benefits of drinking coconut water:
* Coconut water is high in potassium, which can flush out excess water from your body. So, it’s great for detox, weight loss and for people with water retention problems.
* Coconut water soothes the stomach, is easy to digest and prevents constipation. It is great for people who are recovering from an illness or surgery as it has a good amount of electrolytes, vitamins, and minerals.
* If you are suffering from acidity, coconut water can give you relief as it is alkaline and can bring your pH balance back to normal. Similarly, if you have lost bodily fluids from stomach flu or gastric illnesses, it can be of help in replenishing your body’s water content.
* Coconut water can break down smaller kidney stones and flush them out of your body.
* It is also recommended in moderation for diabetics whose blood sugar is not extremely high. If you consume up to 200ml a day, your blood sugar levels won’t go up. Since it contains only glucose, it is better than packaged fruit juices and ice creams.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more