Eat these 7 superfoods for shiny hair and glowing skin
Superfoods can also ensure healthy skin and hair. Find out the most nutrient-rich foods that need to be part of your daily diet.Updated: Jan 25, 2018 11:57 IST
Superfoods are no longer just to be found at the grocery store. They’re now taking over the beauty aisles too. Nutrient-packed foods are popping up to give your hair and skin that much-needed boost. Sangeeta Velaskar, Vice President and Head, Medical Services and R&D, Kaya Limited lists a few superfoods to be included as part of your daily regimen:
* Basil extracts can work wonders for your hair. This infusion rejuvenates hair follicles, keeps your scalp cool, and promotes circulation.
* Sugarcane extracts are an excellent source of minerals that support hair growth. Sugarcane is often termed as a health drink as it contains vitamin B12, vitamin C and vitamin A along with elements like zinc, potassium manganese and calcium. All these nutrients help gain long, shiny hair.
* Apples have fibre content called pyrus malus. This type of fibre can help balance pH levels in the hair and clean the dirt from the scalp, so that you can be free of dandruff.
* Use products infused with olive oil as it can reduce dandruff flakes and retain moisture in the hair.
* Avocado extracts are great when used in a hair mask. It nourishes as well as strengthens hair.
Rishabh Mariwala, founder at Puresense, talks about the benefits of two super-fruits:
* Grapefruits are high in fibre and low in calories. They contain bio-flavonoids and other plant chemicals that protect against serious diseases. Vitamin C’s antioxidant properties protect the skin from environmental hazards. It also stimulates the production of collagen that brings smoothness and elasticity to the skin. The retinol antioxidant gives the skin softness and renews damaged skin. The potassium present in the grapefruit helps to smooth wrinkles and age spots and provides a protective shield against UV rays.
* The superfood kiwi is a powerhouse of nutrients and is rich in antioxidants, especially Vitamins C and E as well as polyphenols. Kiwi helps prevent oxidative stress and protects from the damaging effects of pollutants. It is also an excellent source of Vitamin E that prevents the formation of free radicals that helps you achieve great skin.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Jan 25, 2018 11:57 IST