Worried about your skin? Here are some tips to keep it young and supple
The basics of skin care are a must to keep it looking young and fresh. Experts suggest some useful processes to do so.fitness Updated: Aug 09, 2017 10:36 IST
Like our body, our skin too needs proper food to keep itself active and glowing. And in today’s world, when the environment is veiled with smog, people are more opting for chemical-free skin products. Mohit Bhatia, founder of Fuschia, puts forward some tips to take care of your skin:
* CTM formula: It is a must to follow the cleansing-toning-moisturising routine on a daily basis, it’s the bare minimum that keeps your skin going.
* Exfoliate: It is important to scrub your skin on regular intervals to remove the dead skin, tanning and other effects that pollution and dirt plays a role in. Choose a scrub that matches your skin type, be it dry, oily or combination.
* Face pack/ mask: Face pack generally follows the scrub to revitalise the skin and help close the open pores to save them from attracting dirt molecules back into the skin.
* Night cream: One must select a good night cream according to the skin type, and taking into account the ingredients mentioned to ensure that it does not have any harmful chemicals. Night repair is even more critical as the healing power is double during the night when our body is at absolute rest.
* Sunscreen: A proper sunscreen with an apt SPF is a necessity when stepping out in the sun, even if for short intervals. UV rays are not good for the delicate human skin and so, it should be protected.
* Fresh fruits/veggies: It is extremely helpful to apply fresh fruits and veggetables like cucumber, tomato, papaya, banana, as well as beneficial things like green tea and aloe vera in some form or the other to keep the skin young.
* Off days from make-up: Make-up is ultimately nothing but chemicals and is not good for our skin. It is crucial to allow your skin to breathe and get rid of make-up on select days. Let your skin relax on a Sunday and prepare for the work days, just like you do.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Aug 09, 2017 10:36 IST