Gurugram man mistakes poison for headache pill, dies

Updated on Apr 17, 2019 08:53 AM IST

The police have initiated inquest proceedings under Section 174 of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC). The victim’s post-mortem examination was conducted on Monday.

A relative of the deceased, requesting anonymity, said that the victim had been depressed for some time and was taking medication.(Mint/Representative Image)
A relative of the deceased, requesting anonymity, said that the victim had been depressed for some time and was taking medication.(Mint/Representative Image)
Hindustan Times, Gurugram | By

A 59-year-old man died after accidentally consuming a pesticide, which came in the form of a pill, instead of his headache medicine in Krishna Colony on Monday, said the police.

The police said the man worked in an official capacity with the former Congress MLA, Dharambir Gaba. Sanjay Kumar, station house officer (SHO), sector 10A police station, said the victim was alone at his house at the time of the incident. “He had a headache and instead of picking up his medication, he picked up the pesticide that was kept adjacent to the medication. He died on the spot,” said SHO Kumar. The police have initiated inquest proceedings under Section 174 of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC). The victim’s post-mortem examination was conducted on Monday.

A relative of the deceased, requesting anonymity, said that the victim had been depressed for some time and was taking medication.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE ON
SHARE
Story Saved
×
Saved Articles
Following
My Reads
My Offers
Sign out
New Delhi 0C
Saturday, December 10, 2022
Start 15 Days Free Trial Subscribe Now
Register Free and get Exciting Deals